A woman was rushed to hospital when she fell ill after attending an agriculture show in Cork.
The woman had attended the Munster Agricultural Show on Saturday, July 30, when she went into a state of shock.
She was taken to Cork University Hospital with suspected poisoning.
Gardai confirmed to the Irish Mirror that they are carrying out an investigation into the incident that happened at Curraheen, Bishopstown.
It is believed the woman went into an anaphylactic shock due to an allergic reaction after she touched a substance on her car door.
A source told the Irish Daily Star: “She was in a bad way.
“She went into an anaphylactic shock by somebody smearing some kind of substance on the door handle.
“It hasn’t been ruled out that it was deliberate. She was brought to hospital where she was in intensive care.
“Gardai took samples of the substance and seized the car for technical examination.”A garda spokesperson told the Irish Mirror: “Gardaí are carrying out an investigation following an incident at the Munster Agricultural Show at Curraheen Bishopstown on 28th July 2018.
“A woman became ill and was taken to Cork University Hospital.”
As read on Irishmirror.ie