This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Amazon Fire Stick
I see these are on sale in Tesco despite Amazon saying they won’t work in Ireland?
I signed up for Amazon Prime last year only to be told that ( and discovered) that despite their ads that didn’t work in Ireland either. Although to be fair they changed my acvount region to UK immediately upon querying it and it works fine on mobile devices.
So question for the geeks will a fire stick work here considering my amazon account is UK region , or alternatively explain to a Luddite the easy way of watching Amazon Prime Video on TV screens?
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
Well, Tesco also sell phones with UK phone cables. Also UK-connection extension cables. Not an Irish connector in sight, go figure!

To answer your question, I don't know what would work out-of-the-box but it would be possible to run your internet connection through a proxy server in the UK to make Amazon think that was where your router was. Might be a bit of hassle though.

Although, if your mobile devices work over here, you might be in luck...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Email: echo59@esforum.org            PGP key: AF7C8C3B
How about a Chromecast device? You may be able to “cast” your mobile devices onto the tv screen with it. That’s what I use for Netflix, YouTube, Spotify,etc. If I want them through the tv.

https://www.google.ie/amp/chromecasthelp...video/amp/

The alternative is to stick on amazon tv on a laptop and use a HDMI cable to plug it into the tv.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
I used Amazon prime on mobile & casted via Chromecast worked fine. That's how I watch eir sports package. Though I see Amazon app available on PS4 which is what I use for Netflix

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
Sorted, had a bit of playing around but working fine now with chrome cast.
Incidently, also using Terrarium TV, have to say I’m impressed with the range and quality of movies and tv shows on it.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
Have been using Terrarium the last few weeks. Brilliant

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
What's the correct version to download? Loads of emails on playstore

terrariumtv.com
Just downloaded from the link on that.
I have to say it’s really good, pile of stuff that I couldn’t even get on dvd from Amazon and quality is perfect.
Cheers

Keeps telling me to turn off screen overlay in settings apps but f##ked if I can find it!