This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Waterford City Fire Service recruiting wholetime Firefighters
Not sure how many positions (usually low numbers) but hey, if you're not in you can't win! 

http://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/en/Resident/Recruitment/
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
What's the actual weekly wage?
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
476 euro plus allowances I think
(25-05-2016, 12:49 PM)coastguardsteve Wrote: 476 euro plus allowances I think

Jesus lads, that's rubbish.  Couldn't pay a mortgage on that.
It's what paramedics start on too
Pathetic really but there's many that will still say its either too much, good enough or didn't ya know joining
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
I started on about 375ish/week when I started in the room

Theres a lot to be said for allowances, OT and an incremental pay scale!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
And all yis do is answer the phone  22
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
(26-05-2016, 08:53 PM)The Gap Wrote: And all yis do is answer the phone  22
You forgot our most important role

Get it up for people......

JUST CALL ME PROBIE
And ye're brilliant at it?
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
(27-05-2016, 12:24 PM)The Gap Wrote: And ye're brilliant at it
We put a lot of effort into it in fairness

JUST CALL ME PROBIE