This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Split in suicide prevention patrol group in limerick
http://googleweblight.com/?lite_url=http...b9MF17ii8Q

Shame to see above given the good work being done. I wonder of the impacts on funding from the public etc
So basically the Corbett's set this up, put their name in for no good reason other than self piblicity but when they didn't get their way they took their public donated ball home in a huff?

Shows where their priorities are. Their name, their club. Stopping suicide? A handy excuse.

Also wonder where the money for such stupid legal actions came from
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
ffs. That is ridiculous! School yard shite. Obviously flutes

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
Just what's needed in Limerick, another Walter group! It must be the world capital for them now.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
This post has been repped by: thehawk (4),

And there is lawyers involved. Waste of valuable money.
Between them, Limerick land search & rescue etc etc, ill have to start wearing sunglasses at night to avoid being blinded by the flashy light brigade.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
(11-06-2016, 09:31 PM)irish medic Wrote: Between them, Limerick land search & rescue etc etc, ill have to start wearing sunglasses at night to avoid being blinded by the flashy light brigade.

Latest from their FB page...

Dear People of Limerick,
We firstly want to make a public apology to anyone who may have been upset or feel let down by CSPL. This statement is to reassure each and everyone that we CSPL are a continuation of CSPP.

However, we feel backed into a corner to post this today. While we have been concentrating on our members, the public and trying to keep the issues within the group formerly known as CSPP less public, today we need to clear up a few things.
CSPL ARE OUT ON PATROL AND WE ARE UTILISING ALL THE EQUIPMENT THAT HAS BEEN DONATED OR PURCHASED WITH THE PUBLICS MONEY.
1) We have withheld NO equipment from any member of CSPL. The locks were changed with the knowledge of the lease-holder and with legal advice.

2) The van was registered to CSPP under the chairmans name at the time however it was removed from outside our base a few weeks ago at the request and knowledge of the licence holder and the name it was registered under.

3) With-holding the account, again this was done by the Financial institution on their own legal advice, after a member of the group formerly known CSPP verbally abused one of the CSPL members outside the premises.

4) As for me, Louraine Corbett Tomlinson doing this because I simply was not voted back in, it was not just that simple.
Before the so called AGM on May 15th the committee were informed in writing there were no issues going into the AGM except small items like lighter PFDS for the bike, more training etc. However a meeting was called by one member inviting only half of the team! So ask why was only one member of the committee informed of this and why only a certain group invited?
In addition, a ballot box provided was not used. Voting was done by text. This was not agreed by the full committee.
When some names were put forward and we TRIED to speak to the group with our reservations in putting them on the committee we were shut down. One nomination had already brought the CSPP name into disrepute recently. The first time in 4 years. Another nominee had left the group only last year after been voted onto the committee in May 2015 and left us handing back all gear, books etc in September 2015. However he did return with welcome arms under a few conditions 1. He came back on probation, and 2. he would not go on the committee as he let us down previously.
Nominations were to be in by a certain date/time, agreed by the committee and ALL members but this group of members decided to ignore all of the above. To add some of the nominees were not in attendance even though this was discussed at the previous AGM saying all nominees had to be in attendance. However, as we had no constitution obviously some people felt it was a free for all.

So I think we have taken up enough of your precious time. I will end by saying just over 4 years ago my family "Corbett" were impailed on heartbreak and grief no family should go through having lost our amazing son/brother to suicide. Trevor started this group a few years before he left us. I with some dear friends and the family vowed to keep his legacy going and we promise the People of Limerick, we will continue to do so for as long as limerick city needs us.

Please be mindful of comments you leave under this statement as CSPL know first hand how hurtful some remarks can be and that is not why we posted this today.

Thank you for reading please feel free to share ....
so we now have 4 groups doing this in the city now?
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
I think CS's statement about Limerick being the Walter capital of the world is starting to ring through
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
So CSPP is the original yet CSPL are calling CSPP the splinter group. The ownership of equipment is an interesting one.. surely it is the property of CSPP...

The original CSPP was fast becoming in my opinion one of the more popular voluntary groups in the city surpassed only be limerick marine S and R. It seemed everyone and their mother were fundraising for them and now the public just seem confused.

Messages in the CSPP Facebook describes them having to use taxis to get from one end of the river to the other
I'd be interested to see how they gear has been distributed between the two groups or if it has at all. Surly the fundraising by whe original group or donations mean the gear stays with the first group.
Indeed hawk, the Facebook statement is worded very carefully. The jeep was under the chairmans name so the chairman took it, all the gear is available but only to the new group?

Hmmm. Wasn't it donated to the original group and wasn't the jeep bought from donations to the original group? It should never have been registered to an individual!

Sounds worse now
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
Clearly these orgs are clearly lacking any proper governance structure and likely to do anything. 
It seems anyone can get some snazzy gear and set themselves up as a water suicide/land search patrol group.
I notice neither CSPP, CSPL or Limerick Land Search Team are registered charities on the Charities Regulation Authority site. There is however a Limerick Emergency Services Charity (whoever they are).
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
I could be wrong but the limerick emergency services charity was a group with representation from all statutory services that fundraised for a commemorative monument for all decreased members of the services.

http://www.live95fm.ie/news-sport/Article/?ItemID=20564
Waterford Whispers wouldn't make that stuff up.

And how about this lot as seen on Facebook last night?
I wonder how soon will it be before we have a Rescue from Ice Team starting?
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
There seems to be a sever lack of regulations involved in setting up these groups. Does nobody higher up reckon they should put a stop to these being formed, before someone gets injured or worse! It seems anybody can just set one of these up nowadays.....
that shannon crew have at least one member who has his own private marked response vehicle, there seems to be lads who move from one group to another to walt onwards!
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
Would people not go away and join the Civil Defence, Red Cross or Coastguard or the likes if they are so concerned about assisting people?! It's an area that is screaming out for regulation.
(16-06-2016, 01:19 PM)Command Support Wrote: Would people not go away and join the Civil Defence, Red Cross or Coastguard or the likes if they are so concerned about assisting people?! It's an area that is screaming out for regulation.

Clearly it's not about assisting people, it's the attention that they get.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf