This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Split in suicide prevention patrol group in limerick
(09-07-2016, 07:55 PM)irish medic Wrote: PPhecc told me last week via email that unless your approved by them re CPG usage etc that you can't gain any exemptions under the RTA plus you can't practice as a practitioner or administer meds. I think I know who your talking about & he's a complete cowboy.

Unfortunately the number of cowboys is growing. Regulations are only successful if they are enforced.
True & I don't think they have the power or the back bone to enforce it
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
Enforcement has happened... One of our Ambulances was stopped on blues and checked for a casualty in the recent past...
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
That's enforcement by AGS. I was more referring to Phecc & the cowboys.

Just out of curiosity why did they pull over your orgs Ambo while on lights?. Bad driving or what ?
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
(10-07-2016, 06:01 PM)irish medic Wrote: That's enforcement by AGS. I was more referring to Phecc & the cowboys.

Just out of curiosity why did they pull over your orgs Ambo while on lights?. Bad driving or what ?

checkpoint at a usual spot, did check that there was a patient onboard.....
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
(10-07-2016, 07:54 PM)LPP Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 06:01 PM)irish medic Wrote: That's enforcement by AGS. I was more referring to Phecc & the cowboys.

I'm confused.... If ye had blue lights on then surely ye would have been waved on...... By any chance was there a complaint before..... What did the patient say
(11-07-2016, 06:58 PM)volcomms Wrote:

I'm confused.... If ye had blue lights on then surely ye would have been waved on...... By any chance was there a complaint before..... What did the patient say

It could be in an area with a few walters / cowboys running around and / or they might have just turned on the lights and the Gardai suspected it was just an attempt to get through without being checked

or maybe its just Vidar being Vidar  19
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
(11-07-2016, 07:56 PM)Administrator Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 06:58 PM)volcomms Wrote:

It could be in an area with a few walters / cowboys running around and / or they might have just turned on the lights and the Gardai suspected it was just an attempt to get through without being checked

or maybe its just Vidar being Vidar  19

No issue with previous complaint as far as I know... Patient was not in a position to say much, as being worked on at the time.....

Blues and twos on for enough time to be audible long before CP, then visible for several hundred meters (due to nature of road).

Id say Vidar too....
& ya still got pulled ?.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
(13-07-2016, 02:40 PM)irish medic Wrote: & ya still got pulled ?.

Very unusual
I see one half of the original group is now called Limerick Suicide Watch
Saga contnues
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
(06-09-2016, 09:52 PM)irish medic Wrote: Saga contnues

corcaigh laochra na cathrach
(26-09-2016, 12:11 AM)Watchman Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 09:52 PM)irish medic Wrote: Saga contnues

Thats what was emailed out to all voluntary groups after the AGM. Most unprofessional behaviour i have ever witnessed. Obviously an attempt to blacken other peoples reputation - but there are some serious libellous allegations there also... clearly they did not consult a solicitor before sending to several dozen organisations...
Full of incorrect information also, as you do not need a charity number to fundraise or be a charity, a CN number is purely to claim back Vat. You do however need to be registered with the new charity regulator - but they are running 2  years behind now. So it would be impossible to say at this stage who has/has not registered.

I think the issue with these two groups is neither of them are managed by anyone in the Blue light services - hence they lack structure, direction and credibility.
(Delta-1 in Galway springs to mind 😐)
You do need a charity registration number to fundraise & act as a charity. The old charity no ie CHY is for those groups who wish to avail of tax exemption schemes from the Revenue. Charity numbers per se are nothing to  do with claiming vat back as you must be zero rated for vat to eeffect this.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
The backing of the Fire Service?! I'm sure it will be news to the firefighters in Limerick.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
(26-09-2016, 04:44 PM)Command Support Wrote: The backing of the Fire Service?! I'm sure it will be news to the firefighters in Limerick.

So I see Limerick Suicide watch out now.... any sign of Corbett group number 1
(01-10-2016, 12:38 AM)volcomms Wrote:
(26-09-2016, 04:44 PM)Command Support Wrote: The backing of the Fire Service?! I'm sure it will be news to the firefighters in Limerick.

So I see Limerick Suicide watch out now.... any sign of Corbett group number 1

Reminds me of this.....

https://youtu.be/kHHitXxH-us
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
(26-09-2016, 03:14 AM)irish medic Wrote: You do need a charity registration number to fundraise & act as a charity. The old charity no ie CHY is for those groups who wish to avail of tax exemption schemes from the Revenue. Charity numbers per se are nothing to  do with claiming vat back as you must be zero rated for vat to eeffect this.

If you are a 'charitable organisation' that relies on the charitable donations from people to operate, you do not need a charity number. You do however require a permit for fundraising.
There are probably more voluntary groups in this position in ireland than there are registered charities.
It is not possible to obtain a charity number any longer in ireland now with the establishment of the Charities Regulator.
 "All charitable organisations are legally required to be registered with and to report annually to the the Charities Regulator"
(https://www.charitiesregulatoryauthority...WP16000072)

I see your point but it doesnt appear to seperate between the likes of this group, etc and the likes of Concern
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.