This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Irish Coast Guard roll of honour
Almighty and Everlasting God, Whose hand stills the tumult of the deep, we offer our prayers for those who serve in our Coast Guard. We are mindful of their traditions of selfless service to the seafarers who make their ways to appointed ports.

Employ their devotions of good ends as they track the weather and search for the seas for those in extremity of storm, shipwreck or battle. Make their soundings and markings sure that safe passages may be found by those who go down to the sea in ships.
Encourage them, O Lord, as they stand guard over our coasts and the bulwarks of our freedoms. Graciously deliver them from threatening calamities in all their perilous voyages.

Bless the keepers of the lights and be Thou their close friend in lonely watches. Keep the beacons of honor and duty burning that they may reach the home port with duty well performed, in service to Thee and our land. Amen!
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Caitriona Lucas, Doolin unit of Irish Coast Guard - 13th September 2016

She died after a rescue boat capsized and threw the three people on board into the sea off Kilkee, Co Clare, The other two volunteers were rescued, but one of them spent several hours trapped on a ledge at the base of a cliff before being winched to safety.
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Captain Dara Fitzpatrick, Irish coast Guard - 14th March 2017

Today we learnt of the death of Captain Fitzpatrick during a rescue operation off the coast of Mayo.

A dedicated member of the service with over 20 years experience helping others
Irish coast Guard pilot Mark Duffy - 14th March 2017

Search teams have confirmed they have recovered the body of another crew member of Rescue 116, Mark Duffy.
Mark is from Blackrock, Dundalk, Co Louth and has been missing since the infamous crash of the helicopter off the coast of Mayo last Monday week.

Search teams have confirmed Mr Duffy’s body was found in the wreckage which they discovered on Tuesday along with its Black Box earlier today.