This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Manchester Attack
Shocking news with 22 people dead following a terrorist attack!! Thoughts and prayers are with all the victims and their families 

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/manchester-arena-attack-lone-male-suicide-bomber-responsible-as-death-toll-rises-to-22-including-children-35744252.html
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Email me Here
The Couch, an area to discuss issues of Welfare, Discipline, Peer Support and Concern
Stresskills for further articles and information
Horrific news...... but i must say im impressed at the response from the ambulance service.... 60 ambulances.... i wonder could ireland respond in a similar way
Horrible.

As terrible as these events are, to target an event that attracts children manages to be worse .

When will they realise that violence like this does not work
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
(23-05-2017, 10:09 AM)coastguardsteve Wrote: Horrific news...... but i must say im impressed at the response from the ambulance service.... 60 ambulances.... i wonder could ireland respond in a similar way

60 ambulances......have we that many across the whole country at night??
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
We have f**k all resources at the best of times. But sure let's keep telling ourselves it not likely to happen.
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
You might have some hope in Dublin of coping. Any city or large town down the country would be over ran.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
I think there is 100 ish ambulance bases around the country..... so max is 100 ambulances if every ome had one ambulance per base..... but they dont, some have more, so close at night, others close om tuesday etc etc.... you would be waiting for them anyway. Id say within an hour you might get 10? Including icv
In Dublin we could put 60 paramedics on the scene in minutes. Getting the victims from the scene would  be another matter altogether. The 22 fatalities wouldn't need to be moved until after AGS have finished their preliminary examination of the crime scene. Walking wounded can go on Dublin Bus commandeered vehicles necessary.
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
(23-05-2017, 10:09 AM)coastguardsteve Wrote: Horrific news...... but i must say im impressed at the response from the ambulance service.... 60 ambulances.... i wonder could ireland respond in a similar way

(23-05-2017, 04:54 PM)The Gap Wrote: In Dublin we could put 60 paramedics on the scene in minutes. Getting the victims from the scene would  be another matter altogether. The 22 fatalities wouldn't need to be moved until after AGS have finished their preliminary examination of the crime scene. Walking wounded can go on Dublin Bus commandeered vehicles necessary.

60 paramedics from DFB sure, no problem getting paramedics on scene and maybe could muster ~15 ambulances between DFB and HSE to be onsite in <45 minutes. Beyond that nada, voluntaries even after mobilization have a decent lead time still
(23-05-2017, 06:40 PM)wex-eire Wrote: 60 paramedics from DFB sure, no problem getting paramedics on scene and maybe could muster ~15 ambulances between DFB and HSE to be onsite in <45 minutes. Beyond that nada, voluntaries even after mobilization have a decent lead time still

You are not going to be transporting them all straight away though. The most serious would be prioritised and transported first and then the ambulance can return. I'm sure the ICV's would be utilised for the less serious allowing transport of two stretchers.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
UK threat level increased to critical, meaning they believe another attack is imminent.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
When making comparisons with assets it is worth remembering that Greater Manchester has a population of 2.7million, with other similar sized cities just under an hour away (Leeds (2.3million), Liverpool (450000), Sheffield (1.5million).
This why they can produce 60 ambulances within an hour.
The issue that would concern me more is our eagerness to put major event centres away from high density public transport routes, instead placing them in the middle of built up areas.
The Manchester Arena is opposite Victoria Station, and exists on to trinity way, wich encircles the city in the same way the M50 would.
Croke Park?
Aviva Stadium?
The 3 arena/O2/Point has got better if the luas is operating fully, and the port tunnel isn't closed for repairs. It used to be a nightmare.
(23-05-2017, 06:40 PM)wex-eire Wrote:

(23-05-2017, 04:54 PM)The Gap Wrote: In Dublin we could put 60 paramedics on the scene in minutes. Getting the victims from the scene would  be another matter altogether. The 22 fatalities wouldn't need to be moved until after AGS have finished their preliminary examination of the crime scene. Walking wounded can go on Dublin Bus commandeered vehicles necessary.

60 paramedics from DFB sure, no problem getting paramedics on scene and maybe could muster ~15 ambulances between DFB and HSE to be onsite in <45 minutes. Beyond that nada, voluntaries even after mobilization have a decent lead time still

What about the medical corp of the defence forces? How many ambulances have they in the city or the likes of Guinness or other large companies with ambulances
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
I see what seems to be world war three breaking out in the FBU pages in the UK.
Senior Fire Officers refused to deploy any fire service resource at the incident. It was over 90 mins before the first appliance was permitted to respond.
Fire fighters in Manchester Central have reported that paramedics called to the door of the fire station requested them to assist...
Management have cited "health and safety reasons" for the response time.....

Central Fire Station Manchester is 1km from the Manchester Arena.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
A major incident wad declared and they didn't send assistance.. someone should be sacked for that
Based on that and other stories over the last 12-18 months it doesn't sound like one of the better Fire Services to work in, to say the least.

that true Gap but we dont have 60 responder bags, one per appliance and maybe at a push one full one on the ambulance and absolutely no way to access replacement equipment especially after 6pm. paramedic may as well be a bystander if they have no gear.
That's true.. we did have a major incident pod once which was packed full of kit but it, like so many others rotted away and there's no hope of getting anything resembling an EMS support vehicle now.
A meeting to assess the terrorism threat faced by the State and the measures the Republic could take to counter it will be held on Thursday, Taoiseach Enda Kenny has told the Dáil.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtim...mode%3Damp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
(24-05-2017, 06:34 PM)pogan Wrote: A meeting to assess the terrorism threat faced by the State and the measures the Republic could take to counter it will be held on Thursday, Taoiseach Enda Kenny has told the Dáil.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtim...mode%3Damp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're OK, we have enough aircraft to deal with it.
A regular shit from Shannon:
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...