This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

The Tie is Gone!
The Garda shirt without the tie looks very untidy. As stated earlier, ye need to get a shirt like DFB/NAS etc with a shirt designed to be open. I know it's only a trial but still....
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
It's true the crests on the arms don't look right. It would look far better to have a larger embroidered crest.

I'm sure the heat transfer crests cost a lot less but other European police services have lessened the cost factor by having the patch velcroed on. That way you'd only have to issue a couple of sets of crests to each member and they would be interchangeable with each new issue of uniform.

[Image: 523691773.jpg]

[Image: 104068671-Sweden_Police.530x298.jpg]

[Image: 201112-26-2-jpg.jpg]

[Image: da0b074d-c59b-4bb7-b641-ce9fbdf1e8e9.jpg]
It's rare I would spend my own money on job stuff anymore but for the sake of probable 10 or 15 quid I would get my own patches and cover that shite

And now that I revisit the image, a yellow crest on a fucking yellow sleeve. Ffs, it must be a first effort that will be changed
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Some people are saying these are Demos that have been in stores for years.
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
Apparently a meeting at the end of the month regarding the uniform.

Anyway our job will do what it always does. Goes for cheap option then another cheap option the eventually buy the right issue.

It was the same when the current uniform was piloted. They wanted to remove the tie pin so printed the garda crest on the tie. Then decided no we will have the tie pin with a cheap tie. After a week the ties bobbled and were replace. Same with the pepper spray holder. Issue two shite ones before giving us a half decent one.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
What pepper spray holder are they issuing? I bought the Peter Jones UK spec 1

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
[Image: 1a1bf0269a704cba7a6df56a2a546e7c.png]
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

Still no lanyard. I'll stick with mine more secure

Yeah I've used the peter jones one for years, it's the job.
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
FYI:

For anyone using the ASP breakaway scabbard, you need to check that the allen screws are tightened periodically. I lost one a while ago which allowed the spring lock to loosen allowing my asp to fall free while getting out of the van.
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
Apparently new shirts are ordered that you don't wear the tie with

How reliable is your source?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
(28-06-2017, 07:47 AM)silop10 Wrote: Apparently new shirts are ordered that you don't wear the tie with

Not a minute too soon, because it looks terrible without the tie.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
(28-06-2017, 08:47 AM)Scuba Wrote: How reliable is your source?

As reliable as Mick Wallace or Claire daly having a pop at the guards

Jaysus!!! That's reliable!

I thought we were getting a shirt with wicking material around the body for the stab vest but would look like the old shirts otherwise and would still have the tie.
That shirt would be grand with the vest. Awful without it.

What is the problem with our job that we cannot have two distinct uniorms: operational & comfortable & functional which looks smart... Just look at airport police current uniform or the various forward looking constabularies in UK for examples & a formal one for Court, Interviews, and other formal occasions. It's common sense surely. I forsee another "oIrish" mix & match disaster

So will be putting the tie back on the 1st September ?

Not long now alright. So much for our imminent vest covers too!