This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

New Public Service Pay Deal
I'm afraid I share your pessimism

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
(10-06-2017, 07:40 PM)Brigade Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 03:30 PM)Blackbolt Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 10:06 AM)Brigade Wrote: I'm told, I'd say reliably, that retained firefighters are deemed to have fast accrual of ahem pensions, and therefore will still pay a pension levy.

I my bollox we do, we dont get any bloody pension

We'll all new recruits do because they have to join the pension scheme.
But remember you were already paying the pension levy even though you don't get one....

Oh don't i know it and it has been pointed out numerous time as well but as usual they dont give a monkies.
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
So I have been thinking about this and the idea is that we will go from paying 6.5% pension per week to 12.5% per week but will no longer pay the pension levy of 7%. Thats because we serve 30 years

Now, a civil servant pays 6.5% and will only pay 6.5% but has to work 40 years.

Now, Im not great at maths, but almost doubt payments for only a quarter reduction seems harsh. Using that logic I would assume TD and Minsters must pay abou 50% minimum right?
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
(15-06-2017, 06:16 PM)Administrator Wrote: So I have been thinking about this and the idea is that we will go from paying 6.5% pension per week to 12.5% per week but will no longer pay the pension levy of 7%. Thats because we serve 30 years

Now, a civil servant pays 6.5% and will only pay 6.5% but has to work 40 years.

Now, Im not great at maths, but almost doubt payments for only a quarter reduction seems harsh. Using that logic I would assume TD and Minsters must pay abou 50% minimum right?

Ehh probably not, remember within the pension levy documentation there was a loophole for certain people that let them not pay it, the first to take advantage according to the newspapers at the time were the TDs secretaries so it would not be a big jump to think the TDs got the same as their secretaries.
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png