This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

British Election
Hee hee hee.
May-hem looks as if she's goosed!

Exit Poll

Conservative 314
Labour 266
SNP 34
Lib Dem 14
Plaid 3
Green 1
UKIP 0
Other 18
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
Sounds this morning like Arlene and Theresa could come together to form the supreme brexit dream team.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
LGBT rights denying Bible bashing Pro Brexit & climate change ignorant dup to have influence on UK govt, what could possibly go wrong!

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
I'd say it would suit the DUP to let the NI government talks fail and have direct rule from London with the Tories.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
One thing for sure, the DUP won't go into this without getting something in return. The question is what?
However, the other Tory senior members have been very quiet this morning. Not shouting from the rafters their support for their current leader as she led them bumbling through an unnecessary election.
Westminster must vote for its PM. Can she count on the support of her own members? I smell a heave.
If and I emphasise IF sense prevailed in politics north of border SF would smell the chance of a united 🇮🇪 in the political wind & swallow their pride & take their seats in house of commons. Corbyn knows that tory/dup marriage is at best a "temporary little arrangement" & with another raft of 18 year old first time voters in 12-18 months time he could be PM & he would be SF best chance for United Ireland. The timing with Brexit negotiations couldn't be better as 🇪🇺 are guarantors of good Fri agreement & would be duty bound to pledge cash to ease transition from present situation to unity. But as I prefaced comment with, sense is usually lacking in politics especially so when it is as tribal as in norn iron!

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
Isn't this brilliant😀

Attached Files Image(s)

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
SF have an opportunity here to actually make a genuine difference to the life of their constituents, by taking their seats in Westminster, but they prefer to abstain, and instead pretend to govern in Stormont, where they are also currently abstaining.
When the FF leader suggested this, the best they could come up with was a reply to the likes of "well why don't you do it so".
Childish. As always.
From Facebook....

Attached Files Image(s)

Ah, Facebook it just keeps on giving...

Attached Files Image(s)

I just read an interesting twitter thread, which revealed something I was unaware of. Stormont held an election recently, SF would only return if Arlene resigned. She didn't. If the assembly is not formed within a time limit, then Direct rule returns.
So in a time where the concept of a Hard border is becoming closer to fact, with no sitting government in NI, the Tories just decided to take sides with the party responsible for bringing direct rule to NI!
If that isn't a big "fuck you" to the nationalist population of NI, I don't know what is.
Looking at the election results, it looks like the hard border may start a long way from the current border.
[Image: NI-UK-ELEX.jpg]
I'm not sure did Teresa May even know that Norn Iron was still her responsibility.
I think it only dawned on her when she was booked on a flight to Belfast for a campaign rally.
The media were very quick to accuse Corbyn of being a terrorist sympathiser, I wonder will they be as quick now when they research the DUPs history?
They're more to the right than Mussolini was.
https://youtu.be/H6STl4y9_cc