This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Dangerous Motorcycle
Has this guy come to the attention of anyone and what are the thoughts on this behaviour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This post has been repped by: Dirtyshirt72 (-3),

I am curious as to where you got the footage. Its clearly the riders own camera
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
(15-09-2017, 04:15 PM)Administrator Wrote: I am curious as to where you got the footage. Its clearly the riders own camera

It's the riders own footage from his YouTube channel.

the link you have used here is to your youtube account. I assume you copied the video from his? If so perhaps a link to the original might add some additional context
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
(15-09-2017, 05:20 PM)Administrator Wrote: the link you have used here is to your youtube account. I assume you copied the video from his? If so perhaps a link to the original might add some additional context

That's correct. I don't understand in what context someone going 100 in a 30 zone or 180 on a motorway, flashing cars, undertaking at speed is acceptable?

Here is the source account.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChJipimcIqHYEi9Dq4VOuMg

It appears some videos have now been taken down.

(15-09-2017, 05:31 PM)Lumpy Wrote: That's correct. I don't understand in what context someone going 100 in a 30 zone or 180 on a motorway, flashing cars, undertaking at speed is acceptable?
Emergency situations, advanced driver training, Gardai or emergency service enroute to calls. Theres a list of times where people will speed legally. 

In this case he appears to be a Bloodbike. I suggest you take a gander here: 

Bloodbike thread

Voluntary group thread

Personally, I agree with you based on the footage
(15-09-2017, 06:11 PM)Administrator Wrote:
(15-09-2017, 05:31 PM)Lumpy Wrote: That's correct. I don't understand in what context someone going 100 in a 30 zone or 180 on a motorway, flashing cars, undertaking at speed is acceptable?
Emergency situations, advanced driver training, Gardai or emergency service enroute to calls. Theres a list of times where people will speed legally. 

In this case he appears to be a Bloodbike. I suggest you take a gander here: 

Bloodbike thread

Voluntary group thread

Personally, I agree with you based on the footage

I note he is not on a blood bike but on an 'instructor' bike and can be seen arriving at work at the end of the video. And only certain statutory services have any speed exemptions?

Its not all the same footage as you should be aware as you did the editing. With that in mind, how have you noted he is on an instructor bike and not a bloodbike?
(15-09-2017, 06:47 PM)Administrator Wrote: Its not all the same footage as you should be aware as you did the editing. With that in mind, how have you noted he is on an instructor bike and not a bloodbike?

From the footage and he is on his instructor bike. [Image: 9c934c6a96e564082cce97cff3624ffa.png][Image: 4a1d17b859a9c2a51c25bdf934765846.jpg]

so the instructor tag goes over the bloodbike tag or they are both removable. Fair enough
(15-09-2017, 07:22 PM)Administrator Wrote: so the instructor tag goes over the bloodbike tag or they are both removable. Fair enough

You can clearly see he is just going to work either way and driving like this to get there.

Jesus, I think I've just wasted 5 mins of my life watching that video, I gave up after that on the grounds of boredom.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
(15-09-2017, 07:28 PM)Lumpy Wrote:
(15-09-2017, 07:22 PM)Administrator Wrote: so the instructor tag goes over the bloodbike tag or they are both removable. Fair enough

You can clearly see he is just going to work either way and driving like this to get there. 

and?
(15-09-2017, 09:47 PM)Administrator Wrote:

and?

And that in my opinion is a shocking standard of riding and behaviour on the roads, that was my point.
Someone is going to be scraping him off the backseat of a car someday, but it won't be me

(15-09-2017, 09:56 PM)Lumpy Wrote:

and?

And that in my opinion is a shocking standard of riding and behaviour on the roads, that was my point.
Someone is going to be scraping him off the backseat of a car someday, but it won't be me 

There it is. Did you read the threads I directed you to on this subject? 

I will move this thread as you arent actually asking a question so the public area would be better
(15-09-2017, 09:56 PM)Lumpy Wrote:

and?

I wouldn't say its a shocking standard, he appears to possess a good standard of skill and control. I would say its dangerous and completely unnecessary considering he is as you say, heading to work.

The markings on the bike don't really enter into the equation here except to explain that he is possible an instructor and bloodbike transporter which brings me back to the thread I previously mentioned.

I will move this to the public area, the ask an expert section is for queries relating to es operations, etc.
As a Motorcyclist, who has trained as a driving instructor, and an Army Motorcycle dispatch rider:

First off, the bike is made up to look like a Garda Bike from a distance. It looks like he glued on some instructor tabs he cut off a hi vis jacket. Looks very Amateur. A good printer would have made up proper Instructor stickers for him.

Like many Blood Bikers, he marshals. So Do I. I have additional amber lights fitted to my DARK BLUE bike, and additional reflective markers too, to make myself more visible to other traffic during an event. As does he. Because of this people assume I am a Garda. This assumption works to my advantage in certain circumstances. Some people take the piss however. I note he doesn't wear a White helmet for the full pretend garda look though.
Kevin is actually a driving instructor. He is also a ROSPA Gold rider. You can't do blood bikes otherwise.
His riding does not reflect it. He has severe road rage issues. He is also not using the system. 

However. Dangerous Motorcycle?????
Someone with no life has gone to a lot of trouble to go through the many hours of footage he has posted on youtube to collate what the percieve as his bad behaviour. No doubt someone with a grudge. Probably a car driver who is jealous of his ability to cut through traffic.
I am curious as to how they came to their conclusions about his speed. Because I can't read his speedo. Bikes go faster. Thats what they do. Fast does not always mean dangerous.
Quote:A vehicle must not be driven at a speed exceeding that which will enable its driver to bring it to a halt within a distance the driver can see to be clear.
The BMW R1200RT-P has amazing brakes. Servo assisted ABS. As a motorcycle instructor he would be well aware of the stopping distance for his vehicle. Its something motorcyclists spend a lot more time learning than car drivers do. That is a matter of fact, not opinion.
Why? To me that is an issue between Him and the member of AGS with the speed gun. Can all of us say we stick rigidly to the speed limit every minute of our driving? 
Undertaking? On a motorway it is completely legal. Look it up. You can pass a slower moving vehicle on an inside lane if it is safe to do so. Doing so on a motorcycle in almost stationary traffic is far safer than sitting behind a car and becoming victim to a rear end shunt. You call it undertaking. I call it filtering.
Quote:You may overtake on the left when :
You want to go straight ahead when the driver in front of you has moved out and signalled that they intend to turn right. 
You have signalled that you intend to turn left. 
Traffic in both lanes is moving slowly but traffic in the left-hand lane is moving more quickly than the right-hand lane – for example, in slow moving stop/start traffic conditions.
Indeed, the slower moving vehicles he is forced to "undertake" should not be in the right hand lane in the first place, on a motorway.
His use of the Audible warning device is appropriate, as he is not using it agressively, but to warn vehicles he is attempting to pass of his presence.
Quote:Only use a horn to: warn other road users of on-coming danger; or make them aware of your presence for safety reasons when reasonably necessary.

Equally so for the flashing headlight. Its purpose tells other road users "I am here". Important in commuting traffic where most car drivers are too busy having their breakfast and catching up on facebook to notice there are other vehicles about.

The thing I would be most concerned about is your stalking of his Facebook profile to post photos of his personal vehicle here. If you are concerned about his riding, perhaps you should discuss it with him?
As an aside:
Lumpy, have you any connection to Blood Bike Leinster?
(15-09-2017, 11:08 PM)Dirtyshirt72 Wrote: As a Motorcyclist, who has trained as a driving instructor, and an Army Motorcycle dispatch rider:

First off, the bike is made up to look like a Garda Bike from a distance. It looks like he glued on some instructor tabs he cut off a hi vis jacket. Looks very Amateur. A good printer would have made up proper Instructor stickers for him.

Like many Blood Bikers, he marshals. So Do I. I have additional amber lights fitted to my DARK BLUE bike, and additional reflective markers too, to make myself more visible to other traffic during an event. As does he. Because of this people assume I am a Garda. This assumption works to my advantage in certain circumstances. Some people take the piss however. I note he doesn't wear a White helmet for the full pretend garda look though.
Kevin is actually a driving instructor. He is also a ROSPA Gold rider. You can't do blood bikes otherwise.
His riding does not reflect it. He has severe road rage issues. He is also not using the system. 

However. Dangerous Motorcycle?????
Someone with no life has gone to a lot of trouble to go through the many hours of footage he has posted on youtube to collate what the percieve as his bad behaviour. No doubt someone with a grudge. Probably a car driver who is jealous of his ability to cut through traffic.
I am curious as to how they came to their conclusions about his speed. Because I can't read his speedo. Bikes go faster. Thats what they do. Fast does not always mean dangerous.
Quote:A vehicle must not be driven at a speed exceeding that which will enable its driver to bring it to a halt within a distance the driver can see to be clear.
The BMW R1200RT-P has amazing brakes. Servo assisted ABS. As a motorcycle instructor he would be well aware of the stopping distance for his vehicle. Its something motorcyclists spend a lot more time learning than car drivers do. That is a matter of fact, not opinion.
Why? To me that is an issue between Him and the member of AGS with the speed gun. Can all of us say we stick rigidly to the speed limit every minute of our driving? 
Undertaking? On a motorway it is completely legal. Look it up. You can pass a slower moving vehicle on an inside lane if it is safe to do so. Doing so on a motorcycle in almost stationary traffic is far safer than sitting behind a car and becoming victim to a rear end shunt. You call it undertaking. I call it filtering.
Quote:You may overtake on the left when :
You want to go straight ahead when the driver in front of you has moved out and signalled that they intend to turn right. 
You have signalled that you intend to turn left. 
Traffic in both lanes is moving slowly but traffic in the left-hand lane is moving more quickly than the right-hand lane – for example, in slow moving stop/start traffic conditions.
Indeed, the slower moving vehicles he is forced to "undertake" should not be in the right hand lane in the first place, on a motorway.
His use of the Audible warning device is appropriate, as he is not using it agressively, but to warn vehicles he is attempting to pass of his presence.
Quote:Only use a horn to: warn other road users of on-coming danger; or make them aware of your presence for safety reasons when reasonably necessary.

Equally so for the flashing headlight. Its purpose tells other road users "I am here". Important in commuting traffic where most car drivers are too busy having their breakfast and catching up on facebook to notice there are other vehicles about.

The thing I would be most concerned about is your stalking of his Facebook profile to post photos of his personal vehicle here. If you are concerned about his riding, perhaps you should discuss it with him?

Actually a vehicle must not exceed the posted speed limit!!!
He is right up the hole of some of them cars with no way of stopping in time.

If you think doing 100 in a 30 zone is acceptable then we will have to disagree. As for 180, I think is a disgrace.

Horns are to warn of danger, not to bully people to get out of the way.

Likewise lights are to illuminate the road not to flash at people to tell them to get out of the way.

Yes I am a car driver and I don't like some clown missing my car by inches at speed and then posting it online to pretend what a great rider he is. There are a few incidences it that video where he had a few close ones. And unfortunately his good luck will eventually run out and there will be the usual crew blaming the cagers!

Apart from all the dick measuring on who does what, and with who.....why does anyone need a white bike with some hi vis on it, and a bit of blue stuck on the front that people THINK says "GARDA" but in reality it says "KNOB HEAD".......and why does anyone need a flashing amber light on a bike??

It's like does dopes who drive bikes wearing a hi vis that says "POLITE" on the rear.....

Blood Bikes....blue lights....warranted? Legal? Needed? 

Also, what's the story with blowing his horn at other vehicles...?? On plenty of occasions he has his hazard lights on, I presume to add to his Waltism.....

A clown IMO.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.