This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Dangerous Motorcycle
(22-09-2017, 04:08 PM)Administrator Wrote:
(22-09-2017, 03:54 PM)michael.noonan3 Wrote:
(22-09-2017, 03:36 PM)Administrator Wrote: Yes, and it's the same excuse given when blood bike jeeps and bloodbike ambulances are seen acting the fool, the old "it's a private vehicle" excuse is trotted out. As long as the group allows it's riders to use the name, they are being represented by them. If you were going around with 'garda' on your car, how would it look and what would be said?

If you look at the Facebook account you will see this bike is used for blood bike runs or I should say, claimed to be. If that's not accurate then the group should take action and either remove the person or get them to tow the line

Agree fully with you on comments, the groups mentioned would have all vehicles registered in the groups name .
That vehicle is private and not registered as a working vehicle . On the vehicle is a sign saying instructor and in the video I see no reference to anything other .
The video reflects badly on bikers regardless .
I am only commenting on what is in the video and not hiding behind a false or sudo name .
I am always cautious of comments with a handle rather than a name as one never knows what the agenda is behind it .
The video is bad but also edited so someone sat down and done that for some reason.
Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too be fair, yes that certainly appears the case

Thanks

There's no excuse for this behaviour on the roads unless you are an emergency service responding to an emergency.

This person is/was neither. And that was his commute.

(21-09-2017, 12:47 AM)Eighttoamile Wrote: I too agree with hawk.

As to the crews using lights in their personal vehicles I know of several cases in several stations across the county. A massive pressure is put on retained crews to book mobile in under 5mins, to the point that an article was published in a reputable county wide news paper naming and shaming stations with their average turn out times. (This information came from senior management) This was done completely out of context as stations in rural towns with very few calls had exceptionally fast average times and busy urban stations where named as being nearly double the expected turn out time. I for one have 3 schools and 4 sets of traffic lights between my home and the station, it's not uncommon for me to have to park the car and start running because traffic is too bad. It's a flawed system asking crews to turn out in these kinds of times without providing some means of being in the truck faster.
Yes there is massive pressure put on and it is unacceptable.
Equally unacceptable is the fact the firefighters are absolutely happy to go along with the madness of trying to respond in that same five minutes.
In the vast majority of cases it is impossible without breaking at the very least the speed limit and in all likelihood several other traffic regulations.

Exemptions do not apply to retained firefighters responding to the station and while firefighters keep driving as if they do, all they are doing is perpetuating the myth that the retained fire service is feasible and functional response in this era.
And on top of that, it's absolutely certain that it's putting both the firefighters and other road users at risk.

And as for the naming and shaming, haven't a clue where that was printed but performance indicators are a mandatory reporting mechanism for all local authorities for all areas of operations. Response times have been provided for years now and are available for anyone to access on the NDFEM website. The same statistics show not just mobilisation times but percentage attendance within various time bands just as the ambulance service is reported on.

I'm fairly certain that if every retained firefighter in the country responded at the legal speed limit, it wouldn't take long for there to be a change from retained to manned stations for many areas.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
(22-09-2017, 10:35 PM)Lumpy Wrote: There's no excuse for this behaviour on the roads unless you are an emergency service responding to an emergency.

If you feel so strongly, you should bring this footage to your nearest Garda station and report the matter.
Explain to them also how you determined the speeds.
(24-09-2017, 10:46 AM)Dirtyshirt72 Wrote:
(22-09-2017, 10:35 PM)Lumpy Wrote: There's no excuse for this behaviour on the roads unless you are an emergency service responding to an emergency.

If you feel so strongly, you should bring this footage to your nearest Garda station and report the matter.

They are aware of the situation.
I'll make another video of the speedo if you want, but you prob won't believe that either because you seem to be mates with him.

Lumpy, the laws & rules of evidence will determine whether these videos are a) admissible & b) sufficient to prove allegations of dangerous driving. If you have any knowledge of same you will be aware of this and that any use of such video evidence will be scrutinised to nth degree. It's not about anyone "being mates" with anyone.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
(24-09-2017, 02:49 PM)62colmm Wrote: Lumpy, the laws & rules of evidence will determine whether these videos are a) admissible & b) sufficient to prove allegations of dangerous driving. If you have any knowledge of same you will be aware of this and that any use of such video evidence will be scrutinised to nth degree. It's not about anyone "being mates" with anyone.

That was a direct response to dirtyshirt who thinks it's ok to have flashing lights on his own bike.

The speeds are clearly viewable on the speedo, in increments of 20 kms.

The video and the source videos are there for all to see and scrutinise and the link is posted in this tread.

It's not what I meant. Having used video evidence there are numerous pitfalls with proving its veracity in a Court.

(24-09-2017, 04:42 PM)62colmm Wrote: It's not what I meant. Having used video evidence there are numerous pitfalls with proving its veracity in a Court.

Fair enough, point taken.

(24-09-2017, 02:16 PM)Lumpy Wrote:

I'll make another video of the speedo if you want, but you prob won't believe that either because you seem to be mates with him.

Has the speedo been calibrated? I know mine is pretty inaccurate. Evidentially it means nothing. 
I don't know the subject from adam. I do however feel you have an axe to grind and I am curious why you chose this site to do so.
You could have reported it to your local garda station last week and the matter would have been dealt with. But I do think it serves you better to sully the reputation of this individual, and his profession.
Are you in competition with him perhaps?
(24-09-2017, 10:05 PM)Dirtyshirt72 Wrote:
(24-09-2017, 02:16 PM)Lumpy Wrote:

Has the speedo been calibrated? I know mine is pretty inaccurate. Evidentially it means nothing. 
I don't know the subject from adam. I do however feel you have an axe to grind and I am curious why you chose this site to do so.
You could have reported it to your local garda station last week and the matter would have been dealt with. But I do think it serves you better to sully the reputation of this individual, and his profession.
Are you in competition with him perhaps?

What about the horn, the hazards, the cutting between cars and generally being an 'extremely inconsiderate individual' on the roads? Seems like you are defending him and his riding. Perhaps he could calibrate his attitude.

Have a look at his other video
first 5 seconds are him slicing between 2 cars.

Maybe Mr Instructor might look at the rules of the road and consideration for others.

The appropriate agencies have been notified about this.

The appropriate agencies have been notified about this.
In which case these comments, and the pettiness exhibited in them "could" jeopardise a prosecution regarding principles of natural justice fairness etc, and the real, pertinent question posed by dirty shirt, why use this forum in first place? It's a bit like being witnessing a crime & ringing Joe Duffy first!

(24-09-2017, 10:26 PM)62colmm Wrote: The appropriate agencies have been notified about this.
In which case these comments, and the pettiness exhibited in them "could" jeopardise a prosecution regarding principles of natural justice fairness etc, and the real, pertinent question posed by dirty shirt, why use this forum in first place? It's a bit like being witnessing a crime & ringing Joe Duffy first!

It's public footage or was at the time.
And maybe if individuals want to stay off the radar then perhaps they should not nearly clip people's cars and then post similar footage on YouTube publicly.

To find footage of this guy doing 180 and 100 in a 30 just blows me away, and to have people stand up and defend him baffles me even more.

The footage is out there now for all to see.

Can I ask have you examined other Facebook or you tube accounts that might show poor driving?
I'm not sure if I could drive two miles anywhere in Ireland and not see terrible driving, if it's not speed, it's bad parking, using mobile phones, not using indicators, L drivers on motorways, old dears doing 50k in lane 2 of a motorway and so on and so on.
Does it annoy me, course it does, but if I was to spend my time analysing people's Facebook video footage to find evidence of their traffic offenses then I'd frankly be worried about my state of mind.
Make your complaint to the relevant authorities and let them deal with it, that's why we have them.
There are more important things in life than worrying about what people post on Facebook.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
(24-09-2017, 11:00 PM)Brigade Wrote: Can I ask have you examined other Facebook or you tube accounts that might show poor driving?
I'm not sure if I could drive two miles anywhere in Ireland and not see terrible driving, if it's not speed, it's bad parking, using mobile phones, not using indicators, L drivers on motorways, old dears doing 50k in lane 2 of a motorway and so on and so on.
Does it annoy me, course it does, but if I was to spend my time analysing people's Facebook video footage to find evidence of their traffic offenses then I'd frankly be worried about my state of mind.
Make your complaint to the relevant authorities and let them deal with it, that's why we have them.
There are more important things in life than worrying about what people post on Facebook.

Says the guy on a forum

Says the guy who joined a forum to post a clip he made from someone elses youtube videos..
This post has been repped by: thehawk (4),

(24-09-2017, 11:21 PM)Dirtyshirt72 Wrote: Says the guy who joined a forum to post a clip he made from someone elses youtube videos..

I am not complaining about it.

This post has been repped by: Dirtyshirt72 (-3),

Methinks this gentleman is taking the piss at this stage.

Au Revoir, auf wiedershein, ciao, cheerio adios señor Lumpy.

(24-09-2017, 11:09 PM)Lumpy Wrote:
(24-09-2017, 11:00 PM)Brigade Wrote: Can I ask have you examined other Facebook or you tube accounts that might show poor driving?

Says the guy on a forum

Yep joined a forum, not a blacksmiths forge.
Leave the axe grinding for someone else.
Right so, I think thats enough of that for now

The footage is in the public domain by the subjects own hand and I doubt any serious complaints have been made but as ever, if the original subject or state body wishes, they can request the footage be removed from here.

Lumpy has been banned by public opinion for the second time, Im inclined to let that stand for now
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.