This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

F/F/P Ray McCooey DFB
Raymond (Ray) McCooey (47) R.I.P. 11/10/2017. Ray passed away suddenly at home, despite the heroic efforts of his wife, fellow firefighters,AP's, NAS paramedics and AP's and rapid response doctor.
Ray was a native of Co: Monaghan and his deep gravelly voice matched the stony soil of his home county. He served for 7 years with Monaghan County Fire and Rescue service before joining DFB 15 years ago. Ray was an unbelievably intelligent but completely unassuming man who had the ability to talk the hind legs off a donkey. He is survived by his wife of only 3 months and his 3 brothers.
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
RIP
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
RIP
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
Horrible news

May he rest in peace. My thoughts are with his family friends and colleagues

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
RIP
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
RIP

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Email: echo59@esforum.org            PGP key: AF7C8C3B
RIP
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
RIP
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
RIP and condolences to his family,friends and colleagues.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
RIP
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
RIP
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
R.I.P. . my condolences to his family and crew.
RIP Ray, it was a privilege to know you growing up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
R.I.P.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
Sorry to hear of the sudden death of a colleague and friend of some on here, my condolences to all especially his family and friends. RIP Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
RIP
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
RIP

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
RIP
Rest in Peace.
ES losses are particularly difficult. We spend our career dealing with other people in the situations, we never expect that our own will one day be the people in the situation.
Our behind the curtain experience mean the usual platitudes and words of comfort offered by those in the medical profession fall on deaf ears.