This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Status Red Weather Warning for Monday
Let's see if Danny Healy- Rea's climate change denial will save Kerry, or maybe he'll say a few prayers (but not for" them up in Dublin")
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
My council have managed to surpass themselves in managing to post absolutely zero information or warnings of any kind to the public....
They did mind you, manage to post not once but twice this evening on a social inclusion festival of all things...
In English and Irish of course.
It's important that we get out priorities right
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
(15-10-2017, 06:33 PM)The Gap Wrote: Let's see if Danny Healy- Rea's climate change denial will save Kerry, or maybe he'll say a few prayers (but not for" them up in Dublin")

Fairly obviously it’s a vengeful god that is smiting the naysayers for not believing a large dinner is more dangerous than a feed of pints.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
‘Tis an act of god’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
I was meant to be going for an ASP refresher tomorrow, my Sgt and I decided between us that it'd be better if I didn't go as it would have left my unit colleague dealing with the hurricane alone. The Divisional office should have been cancelling them of course, but hey they don't work weekends.

We have no prep done whatsoever, there even still planning on tuning courses taking members off the front line.

As an aside, does anyone find it strange that AGS do not issue members helmets like the NAS do? We must be the only first responders that go out in storms etc with. O protective head gear. I know we have PO helmets but there not really suitable.

I remember the last bad storm we had, I was standing out trying to keep people away from a building that had roof tiles flying off it....wearing my Garda hat.....
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
That's always something I was curious about, and mules doing cordons at Hazmat incidents without as much as a dust mask.
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
(15-10-2017, 08:15 PM)The Gap Wrote: That's always something I was curious about, and mules doing cordons at Hazmat incidents without as much as a dust mask.

Every bit of PPE we have has been wrestled from from an unwilling and uninterested management!
Red alert for whole country now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
[Image: efe1ad1aed12795845c6286da534332e.jpg]
.....and remember.....all members are to wear their hats on outdoor duty....it could save your life.
In all honesty remember Ciarán Jones lads.. stay safe.
My place is encouraging lads to bring in their po helmets. Now, most arrogant fuckers won't wear them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
Clare Co Co Chief Exec has apparently instructed staff not to report to work as it will be too dangerous to travel.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
Not so much as a text from our place about tomorrow. Most public buildings will be closed I’d say.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
Fair fucks to him! Ya I’d be tempted to bring the PO kid out in the car tomorrow just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
(15-10-2017, 09:03 PM)Brigade Wrote: Clare Co Co Chief Exec has apparently instructed staff not to report to work as it will be too dangerous to travel.

I'm guessing that only applies to office dwellers who's biggest danger tomorrow is a messed a up hair do or wet clothing and not the roads crews, etc.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
We are homebound also. Unfortunately the missus (who works in the private sector) has a boss from Eastern Europe who has not yet experienced an atlantic hurricane and believes the Met Office is over-reacting. So she puts her workers at risk tomorrow.
Surely bump-caps are the answer for AGS? The modern (ha!) garda cap is suitable only for ceremonial. Bump cap would at least provide a basic protection for falling debris.
Of course a proper helmet ala NAS would be ideal but spend most of its life in the locker or boot of a car.