This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Happy birthday Forum
We are 8 years old today. On behalf of everyone on the admin team, thank you to each & everone of you who make this forum what it is.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
You can just picture how it all began.... Admin with M4j In a dacia meandering through the wastelands looking for free WiFi or an Internet cafe. They came upon a signal belonging to MRX who promptly told them fuck off as they weren’t using an apple product. Similar experiences were had at the properties of alwaysone, Brigade and the Gap. Undaunted, they found a Pub with an open network and settled in. Meanwhile, a surge in power caused the indicator light on top of a Vodafone mast near the pub to shine brighter than usual. This attracted 3 wise men In the shape of Blackbolt, Irish Medic and Whitewater who brought gifts in the form of bitcoin, a printer and an external hardrive. Far off in the distance, hooch and tactimule were keeping a watchful eye on traffic when they were visited by a vision of Martin Callinan who told them to go to the pub and worship the new baby forum. And so they all gathered around the laptop and shared a packets of bacon fries and dry roasted peanuts as they adored it.

All jokes aside, happy birthday. Great discussion, great users and some great friendships formed as a result of my membership on here. More of the same for the coming year 🏻
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
(29-11-2017, 01:12 PM)Command Support Wrote: You can just picture how it all began.... Admin with M4j In a dacia meandering through the wastelands looking for free WiFi or an Internet cafe. They came upon a signal belonging to MRX who promptly told them fuck off as they weren’t using an apple product. Similar experiences were had at the properties of alwaysone, Brigade and the Gap. Undaunted, they found a Pub with an open network and settled in. Meanwhile, a surge in power caused the indicator light on top of a Vodafone mast near the pub to shine brighter than usual. This attracted 3 wise men In the shape of Blackbolt, Irish Medic and Whitewater who brought gifts in the form of bitcoin, a printer and an external hardrive. Far off in the distance, hooch  and tactimule were keeping a watchful eye on traffic when they were visited by a vision of Martin Callinan who told them to go to the pub and worship the new baby forum. And so they all gathered around the laptop and shared a packets of bacon fries and dry roasted peanuts as they adored it.

All jokes aside, happy birthday. Great discussion, great users and some great friendships formed as a result of my membership on here. More of the same for the coming year 🏻

Using that analogy, does that make the rest of us sheep, mules, camels or ox?
Actually, the more I think about it......
Jesus. 8 years since the dissident breakaway forum was created. Doesn't seem that long
A great resource and unlike other online forums some of us have actually met in person.. and even got on well ! Dacent skins altogether
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Delighted to be a member here at ESF. 

I’ve learned a lot here including, but not excluding ‘always wear search gloves when searching ‘Belinda Bleedin Jacinta’ ‘doin nottin gaaard’ on her way to ‘de clinic’ to collect her ‘metadoooooone’ cause she’s off the gear AGAIN !! but still on her period.

ALWAYS wear gloves  22
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
I would add respectfully that I’ve met friends for life here. 

....... other than Admin ( older pudgier one ) who is waayyy too anal about pens !!
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
A great bunch. Most of the time.

A lot of transients have passed through but the core remains the same. Some lifelong friends made through the ESF. (Some lifelong enemies too).
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
Joining this forum has been in some ways a genuine lifesaver for me M4j is a real diamond. As Gap says some of us even get on in person! Anyways glad to be here and here's to the future

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
I have to echo everyone elses sentiments. A good bunch who I've had the pleasure to meet in person
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
Just in case ye all think I'm an angry bastard I actually meant to put a smiley face at the end of my previous comment. 19
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
I am a wise man 148
(05-12-2017, 07:35 PM)Blackbolt Wrote: I am a wise man 148

Wise man/ moderator. Tomato/tomato.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
Sorry for the delay in writing, I have to say that I am proud to be apart of this forum and community, a vision was born out of need those many years ago and it came to life due to everyone's collective hard work and commitment.  We have seen other sites attempt to copy us and fail, we have had birth, marriages, deaths and even created life long friendships in our 8 yrs. This no matter what can never be taken for granted, it is a unique aspect to the community. 

We have also welcomed many new members to the fold over the years, some stay others leave. We have seen trolls and bullies come and go, we have had odd experiences that only some are aware of. Behind it we all know we have Admin, a man whom has given more this this community than anyone, his selflessness, time, commitment and genius can never be underplayed or over praised. He is without doubt the driving force behind the site and its success. 

We had a vision at the start that was based on the very simple concept that if we helped one person it would all be worth it, I hope we have done that. 

I wish you all great thanks and appreciation, I hope you and your loved ones are gifted with happiness and good health and hope that we can go from strength to strength in the next 8 yrs.
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Email me Here
The Couch, an area to discuss issues of Welfare, Discipline, Peer Support and Concern
Stresskills for further articles and information