This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

New figures reveal Donegal Traffic Corps cut by half
New figures have revealed that the number of Gardai in the Traffic Corps in Donegal has dropped by over fifty per cent since 2010.

The data, which was provided through parliamentary question by Justice Minister Charlie Flanagan to Fianna Fail’s Robert Troy shows that there were 20 members in the division in 2017 compared with 42 in 2010.

The figures come following the disbandment of the Bunbeg Traffic Unit earlier this month.

Highland News Article

So I know there is units like this out there with RPU,I know there competition at moment for many units but is there enough members to increase RPU. Should RPU be regional covering larger areas? I believe that RPU should be the start of tazer cars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
No traffic (yes I know it’s changing to roads policing but it’ll never be called anything but traffic in the job) should not be regional, in my case that would mean basing everyone in Galway and have us covering as far as loop head, belmullet, longford etc. You’d only get there to have to turn around, units would loose any local knowledge for targets or routes and always good to be dealing with same stations with prisoners as MIC familiar with me makes it easier for both.

As for taser cars, these should not be considered as all, it would be a cheap cop out for the job to to only put tasers in certain cars. All members should be individually issued taser

Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
Post moved
Edited: Said too much!
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
Locker room!?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
(26-01-2018, 09:15 PM)Scuba Wrote: Locker room!?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes if you want to put this in the locker room work away

pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
Probably better to have thread in locker room. But in fairness our political masters are not listening to us; our procurement (whoever they are!) are not listening; our management lurch from one crisis to another and their idea of "the future" is measured in qualifying for pension at their rank as opposed to next 10-20 years as it should be. We have more oversight bodies than any organ of state and STILL we wear crap, drive crap, in a lot of cases are stationed in crap, the lack of any meaningful continuous professional development (in service training in my day!) is farcical & what should be simple legislation Road Traffic has more loopholes than the ozone layer while what was touted as a "solution" FCPNS system has resulted in more dead trees (paper & less ozone!) more beurocracy than communist ☭ era soviet Union & a computer programme in Thurles that creates identity after identity for same people in case of unpaid tickets.

Meanwhile its us, the front line mule who gets the crap & abuse from the general public as we are the face of policing while the aforesaid mess keeps growing.

I see light at tunnels end, distant but the speck is growing. I really despair for the future of policing in this country as currently we are struggling to provide a 21st century service with tech and organisational structures that are barely 20th century.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk