This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Gp invoices ambulance service
'I've had enough': A Galway GP has invoiced the ambulance service to highlight delays http://jrnl.ie/3826394
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Hard to fathom , 40 mins from either Clifden or Galway City with ambulance bases in both.
Clear evidence of a service under severe pressure.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
With A&E delays and lack of NAS staff this is only going to get worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
We need to start invoicing some of the GP’s for the taxi service they use the NAS for also

By all accounts he had a sick person but many GP services, especially on call, use the ambulance after going out to a house and never suggest the patient getting there themselves

The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
(05-02-2018, 02:24 AM)Actual Paramedic Wrote: We need to start invoicing some of the GP’s for the taxi service they use the NAS for also

By all accounts he had a sick person but many GP services, especially on call, use the ambulance after going out to a house and never suggest the patient getting there themselves

That's if the GP even bothers going out to the house
"Im just home from the doctors he said to go home and pack a bag then to call an ambulance"

Took that call more than once

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
And the private nursing home with the "generally unwell" patient on a Friday afternoon.
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
That almost never happens......

JUST CALL ME PROBIE
(06-02-2018, 12:09 PM)EMTeabreak Wrote: That almost never happens......

On a Monday between 06:00 and 06:05