Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Joeys doing the AP course

So the Joey's get to go to UCD to learn to be APs now.

From Twitter

Email: echo59@esforum.org            PGP key: AF7C8C3B 

Theres a couple in the class before too. Met them im Beaumont A&E on placement a few weeks ago

JUST CALL ME PROBIE

Would they have enough calls to keep the skills up?

Yeah they would airport is quite busy for medical calls, you'll get medical calls for incoming flights at least three times a day

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get by in places where its spoken"

Do they transport to ED or call NAS/DFB? Seems a bit of a waste of an AP if they don't transport, i dont imagine too many interventions happening.... there may be loads of calls, but i don't see the interventions happening..... and if they did an intervention id be bringing them to hospital with patient... continuity of care etc.

Now just guessing and from what I see from living next door to the place and having worked in it but the airport ambulance is regularly back and forth to beaumont, you have to remember the airport has a population at times greater than alot of established towns.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get by in places where its spoken"

Fair enough if they are transporting, i can see it being usefull.