This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Driving on UK plates
Do revenue have a section where a concerned citizen can contact them to advise them of a VRT avoidance case????
Pm me with your area and if it's close to me I'll pass it onto enforcement officer down here, very nice lads and will always act on info.
If I can't eat it, ride it, break it or drive it, then I'll ask myself "do I really need it?!"
This post has been repped by: thehawk (3),

They'll be be interested if its a high powered or expensive yoke where they can make plenty money... well thats down my area altight....

There be no point ring them about a 2006 micra!
........"its not our area"
Unless we seize it they don't seem to care
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Some of them do. But they are only interested in things worth a few bob
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
What's the story with driving on uk provisional here.
(18-05-2012, 04:53 PM)gdamedic Wrote: What's the story with driving on uk provisional here.

Wouldnt it be straight out charge for no license no insurance etc, as it would be in the UK for our provisionals, Provisionals are for use within the border of the country of issued
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
iv been trying to get an awnser of DVLINI for the last 6 months but no joy they wont get back to me. our provisional licences are only good in the ROI so im guessing its the same but not sure
Those who can, do.

(18-05-2012, 05:39 PM)vidar Wrote: iv been trying to get an awnser of DVLINI for the last 6 months but no joy they wont get back to me. our provisional licences are only good in the ROI so im guessing its the same but not sure

Would you take the car If you stop someone with the above so?
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
i had stopped a person on it and that why iv been trying to get an answer
Those who can, do.

(18-05-2012, 06:13 PM)vidar Wrote: i had stopped a person on it and that why iv been trying to get an answer

From the AA website.

Quote:Documents to take
Valid full (not provisional) driving licence
Driving licence paper counterpart - if you have a photocard licence
An International Driving Permit (when necessary)
Vehicle registration document (V5c) - the original not a copy
Motor insurance certificate
Passport(s)

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/ove...dvice.html
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Thanks lads
You can drive on a uk provisional here... But not on an Irish there ... Strange but true!
(18-05-2012, 08:15 PM)columbo Wrote: You can drive on a uk provisional here... But not on an Irish there ... Strange but true!

How if its not even legal in their own country?
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Page 25, legal studies, chapter 13 road traffic management module, sec 4c exempted drivers.
"A visitor from great Britain who is the holder of a valid provisional licence and certificate of competency may drive a vehicle of the class specified in the certificate of competency."

Never doubt columbo!!!

I demand a free pen!!
A FREE PEN!!!!!!
does it give the section thats under lad, and i back you free pens for all!
Those who can, do.

I'll have to do a bit of research for that one..... As soon as the pen arrives!!

All legal queries to columbo on the back of a €50 note please
(18-05-2012, 09:03 PM)columbo Wrote: Page 25, legal studies, chapter 13 road traffic management module, sec 4c exempted drivers.
"A visitor from great Britain who is the holder of a valid provisional licence and certificate of competency may drive a vehicle of the class specified in the certificate of competency."

Never doubt columbo!!!

I demand a free pen!!

Thanks for that lad.
(18-05-2012, 09:03 PM)columbo Wrote: Page 25, legal studies, chapter 13 road traffic management module, sec 4c exempted drivers.

Never doubt columbo!!!

I demand a free pen!!

But a certificate of competence is proof that they have passed their test, just not applied for full licence. I imagine if we went to UK in same boat, it wouldn't be an issue either.
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!