This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Driving on UK plates
Cert of competency means the holder has passed a driving test. So the cert with provisional licence is the equivalent of a full licence for the relevant category.

Provisional licence on its own wouldn't cover person to drive outside their own country. That's my understanding anyway
(18-05-2012, 11:21 PM)Scuba Wrote: But a certificate of competence is proof that they have passed their test, just not applied for full licence. I imagine if we went to UK in same boat, it wouldn't be an issue either.

ha, no free pen!!!!
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
A FREE PEN!!!!
(19-05-2012, 01:13 PM)Administrator Wrote: ha, no free pen!!!!

A free pen to everybody who got it right methinks!
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Or said "FREE PEN"!

Free pen!!!
If I can't eat it, ride it, break it or drive it, then I'll ask myself "do I really need it?!"
It appears my loud exhausted bass thumping Honda civic driving friend has had his UK vehickkkle impounded by the local mules.
Hee hee hee
(20-05-2012, 08:54 AM)Brigade Wrote: It appears my loud exhausted bass thumping Honda civic driving friend has had his UK vehickkkle impounded by the local mules.
Hee hee hee

But did he get his free pen 148
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
No but I'm giving a pen to the mule that sorted it .
HQ Directive this week. The holders of provisional licences/permits from other states are not allowed on our roads.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
(15-09-2012, 12:08 PM)foreign Wrote: HQ Directive this week. The holders of provisional licences/permits from other states are not allowed on our roads.

Was that the way it always was?
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
(15-09-2012, 04:58 PM)pogan Wrote: Was that the way it always was?

Theres been no amendments/ updates to the Road Traffic Act re same recently so its probably just a clarification as it was an area of confusion - particularly near the border.

Many people both sides didnt realise that their Provisional / Learner Permit was only valid in their own jurisdiction.
Just to clarify, Columbo got his bloody pen!
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
When I was doing my UK driving test many years ago as an Irish resident with an irish provisional licence, I didn't need a UK learners permit. I did need to get a cert confirming I had completed CBT (Like IBT) before I could sit my test. The law changed there around 1998 though.
So my point is pointless really.
sorry.
(27-08-2016, 08:29 PM)Dirtyshirt72 Wrote: When I was doing my UK driving test many years ago as an Irish resident with an irish provisional licence, I didn't need a UK learners permit. I did need to get a cert confirming I had completed CBT (Like IBT) before I could sit my test. The law changed there around 1998 though.
So my point is pointless really.
sorry.

Your new user status is saving you from severe abuse right now  19