This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Has Mattie Magrath scored a winner?
Mad Mattie seems to have some dirt on the Minister!!
From the paper that can't be named:

JUSTICE Minister Alan Shatter was at the centre of controversy again today after a TD raised questions in the Dail about whether he tried to avoid a breathalyser test.

Independent TD Mattie McGrath asked Tanaiste Eamon Gilmore if he was aware if Mr Shatter had been stopped at a garda checkpoint, had been asked to produce a specimen of breath and whether “his behaviour and reaction to this request was appropriate and indeed cordial”.

Mr McMcGrath also asked if Mr Shatter had attempted to use the privilege enjoyed by TDs on not being arrested from travelling to and from the Dail “as a means of avoiding the breath test”.

Taniste Eamon Gilmore said he has “no idea” whether Mr Shatter was stopped at a garda checkpoint to be breathalysed.

Mr Gilmore said he had no information in relation to what Mr McGrath was raising.

“I have no idea if the Minister for Justice was stopped by gardai before the election, after the election. How would I know that?” he said.

Mr Gilmroe said he remembered being stopped by Gardai at Galloping Green in Dublin himself and breath-tested “but happily I passed it”.

Mr McGrath said that Mr Gilmore should get Mr Shatter to make the garda report into the incident available immediately. And he also said that Mr Shatter should make a further statement to the Dail.
well played mattie ...
Are there really any winners in ongoing spats like this? It's just pure mud slinging at this stage.The polis are again caught in the crossfire as it will now inevitably place the Garda member who stopped Shatter in the spotlight, that is if Mattie McGrath's allegation is true. I'm finding this whole thing a bit annoying at this stage. I'm sick of the wasted air time that buffoons and bufoonettes like Wallace, Ming and Daly etc are getting on the back of these fiascos.

Just get on with the job of trying to improve the sad state this country finds itself in and less of the tit for tat distractions please. Jesus they remind me of a bunch of kids at times.
This post has been repped by: m4j (6),

Their becoming childish now over the whole thing
Must remember the old asthma excuse if needed, after all, if it's good enough for Shatter....
The government love this because once again the focus is taken off the economy. The country is in the throws of chaos and they want to fight over he said she said bollox.

Kids play games, adults talk. Grow the fuck up.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
(23-05-2013, 05:42 PM)999nobody Wrote: Must remember the old asthma excuse if needed, after all, if it's good enough for Shatter....

Interesting that asthma would exclude people joining either the Gardai or the Defence Forces, but you can run them both with it? 136
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
I for one am delighted that Mad Mattie has highlighted that hypocritical Snipes fart, Shatter.
The man is an egotistical, arrogant bully.
It's great that he has been caught out, and it's a great diversion from the dreary depression of listening to politicians telling us that's it's our fault that the country is broke .
Nice one Mattie.
what is the policy with asthmatic drivers + mandatory checkpoints + breathtests ??
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Asthmatics are perfectly able to give a sample
I think they should get rid of that bullshit I was coming from the dail shite rule. If I stop a lecturer coming from UCD, I use UCD as it is another place of work with a bar in it, and they are over the limit that's all there is too it. You have broken the rules of the land, you had pints after work and decided you knew better. Same should apply to everyone
(23-05-2013, 11:05 PM)thehawk Wrote: Asthmatics are perfectly able to give a sample

I had before I never have any problem given sample done over 20 of them!!
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
(23-05-2013, 11:17 PM)silentbob Wrote: I think they should get rid of that bullshit I was coming from the dail shite rule. If I stop a lecturer coming from UCD, I use UCD as it is another place of work with a bar in it, and they are over the limit that's all there is too it. You have broken the rules of the land, you had pints after work and decided you knew better. Same should apply to everyone

I thought the Dail rule was de funct !
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
i think this is great i think mattie was dead right it might do all sorts of good in getting rid of shatter.
He who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before  
I agree with damned united, the only shit storm this is going to create is one for the mule inolved in the incident! Next week no one will give a shite what Shatter did as there will be some fresher juicer gossip to feed off of!!
In just over a months time the eu presidency will be finished, the g8 will have moved on and the Dail will be almost half way through its term. With a budget in October, July or August could be a good time for a reshuffle. I think ministers have to do a minimum of 2 years in office to qualify for any ministerial pension - a reshuffle now would give new ministers just enough time before next election, and give them a chance to move the unpopular ministers.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking....
That's just shifting the deck chairs on the titanic MS.... You wouldn't find a bigger shower of clowns in any circus in the world.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
This post has been repped by: Onrefs (3),

The only Mattie McGrath thread I could find, but Mattie to me is a bit like Inspector Clouseau in that I get a fit of laughing every time I hear him.
Not even remotely getting into the arguments on subject at debate, but a masterful show of getting your face on the news today by Mattie in creating indignation so that he could walk out.
The looks on the rest of the committees faces is priceless .
( And I know it’s terrible, but does he not release that Jean McConvilles body was found?)

http://jrnl.ie/3663929f
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
I don’t know what the hell he was at......other than getting his face in the news.
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
They have been pulling all sorts of stunts in that committee to distract attention away from the work it is trying to achieve.