This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Has Mattie Magrath scored a winner?
He made a show of himself. Classic distraction when they have no answer to the medical facts being put before them.
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
(25-10-2017, 10:49 PM)The Gap Wrote: He made a show of himself. Classic distraction when they have no answer to the medical facts being put before them.

The first walkout was when they discovered that a number of their lackeys/protestors were not permitted to contribute as they were not medical professionals.
Typical hysterical reaction of the hard right evangelical mob who are happy to see our societal issues exported in order to maintain a vista of holy Catholic ire. Dinosaurs and as for that Rónán Mullen........

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
Expect more of this nonsense in the run up to the referendum. It seems they filmed a member dealing with one of their protests yesterday, and posted it, and his name on their social media. No doubt he'll/she'll be getting framed pictures of Judas' Kiss and letters of excommunication now too.
I'm sensing an increasing sense of panic creeping into the fanatical religious zealots that a new more understanding Ireland is growing up free from the shadow of Theocracy. Tuam scandal, where unwanted babies were dumped in septic tanks, other institutions where unwanted children were SOLD and countless thousands of unmarried mothers were imprisoned for the sin of lovemaking or worse still for being abused. I am no fan of abortion on demand, as a form of birth control:that in my opinion is wrong but there are many circumstances, circumstances that we as first responders have unfortunately dealt with where this option is some girls only chance. I for one will vote to repeal the 8th. I am a husband & father to 3 children 2 daughters and we never considered it, we never had to. We were fortunate.

My 85 year old Grandfather said to me recently, “who am I to tell a woman what she should do with her body”. He said he knew of and was related to plenty of women who died over the years because of “gods will”.

That’s what will be influencing my decision on that particular vote.
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
What sticks out for me was the case surrounding a woman who was clinically dead and had an unborn foetus a few years back. It was in the high court coming up to Christmas. I’ll never forget the news reports highlighting this woman was dead, even to the point where fungus had started to grow on her brain and she was being dolled up with makeup for the sake of her child to come visit. And yet she was left on a life support machine while the great and the good debated the legal implications of switching g it off with regard to the foetus. In my opinion it was horrific. If people want abortion, that’s their own business, and it can’t bw ignored those who who to the UK to do it. Not for religious zealouts or puppet politicians to decide.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
I do honestly think that Ireland is moving out of the shadows of "holy mother church " especially obvious was the large number of persons of advanced years who were openly voting yes for same sex marriage ⚭ the chains linking us to a church or churches teaching have been broken and we are maturing as a nation.

We already have medical need abortions and they are performed In our hospitals already. The mother's life outweighs the infants and where a risk to the mother exists, an abortion can be performed.

What people are voting for is contraceptive abortions. You can tell yourself you are supporting medical needs by voting yes but you aren't because that already exists.

As my father said recently ,"life is beautiful, all life and a child always a gift."
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
No they are not, and certainly wasnt the case in Savita Halapannavar tragic death.
From the report by The HSE.

"When the patient and her husband enquired about the possibility of having a termination, this
was not offered or considered possible by the clinical team until the afternoon of the 24th of
October due to their assessment of the legal context in which their clinical professional
judgement was to be exercised. The Irish constitution Article 40.3.3 (as inserted by the eight
amendment in 1983) states that: ‘the state acknowledges the right to life of the unborn and,
with due regard to the equal right to life of the mother, guarantees in its laws to respect, and,
as far as practicable, by its laws to defend and vindicate that right’ (See Appendix A for a
summary outline of the legal position in Ireland with respect to the regulation of the
termination of pregnancy and, in particular, as regards the protection of the right to life of the
pregnant woman and of the unborn."
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
This is an emotional subject but the fact that you state that with such certainty and are in fact completely wrong is a big problem because you like many others will be voting based on incorrect information. Information provided by those with an agenda while the law is ignored. We are supposed to have a referendum committee or whatever to ensure all the facts and lies are laid bare but they don't appear to be doing so.

It had been legal to perform an abortion to preserver the mother's life since the x case of 1992 when the Supreme Court ruled that mental health and physical health of the mother overruled that of the unborn. The issue was that the ruling was unclear on the ins and outs which resulted in the In the 'Life During Pregnancy Act 2013' which granted medical professionals greater protecting under law and clearer guidelines.

There are on average 25 a year performed on healthy fetuses in the past 3 years to protect the mother. I can't find numbers prior to that.

The report grin the hse states "this
was not offered or considered possible by the clinical team until the afternoon of the 24th of
October due to their assessment of the legal context in which their clinical professional
judgement was to be exercised."

The report pretty much condemns the staff, correctly as far as I know but the above is clear, legally they were allowed make the professional call to abort but didn't until after the 24th. That was staffs fuck up, not the laws.

Like I said, it's an emotional subject and in not trying to push you in regards how you vote but please ensue you know exactly what you are voting for.
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
(27-10-2017, 01:40 PM)62colmm Wrote: I'm sensing an increasing sense of panic creeping into the fanatical religious zealots that a new more understanding Ireland is growing up free from the shadow of Theocracy. Tuam scandal, where unwanted babies were dumped in septic tanks, other institutions where unwanted children were SOLD and countless thousands of unmarried mothers were imprisoned for the sin of lovemaking or worse still for being abused. I am no fan of abortion on demand, as a form of birth control:that in my opinion is wrong but there are many circumstances, circumstances that we as first responders have unfortunately dealt with where this option is some girls only chance. I for one will vote to repeal the 8th. I am a husband & father to 3 children 2 daughters and we never considered it, we never had to. We were fortunate.

That is a very contradictory post. You are against Abortion on demand, against unwanted babies being sold but will be voting to allow unwanted babies to be aborted
I don't feel I am contradicting myself and I have my reasons for holding the views that I do. Abortion on demand is already available it's just that we export the issue. Our constitutional ban has not stopped one abortion. And continuing with it won't either. I am afraid that this divisive issue will never go away unless we as a nation realise this, accept it and put in place the proper counselling services etc here in accepting of the issue instead of the out dated manner in which we treat it. I have good reason for holding my views. I am fully cognisant that others disagree, I have laid out my stall and this is my last contribution.

Why are we trying to stop something that is happening for those who want it anyway? There’s at least 4,000 women who travel from Ireland to the UK every year for abortions. Are we that warped in our moral compasses that we think we achieved something by them going to the UK instead of having abortions here?
For fucks sake, get your priorities right here, we can’t manage to save an actual living beings life because we are more worried about a theological view on the point of origin of life.
The facts could not be plainer than have been pointed out at the all party committee, women’s lives are not just at risk, women have died because of our laws on abortion.
That pious prick Rónán Mullen is happy to try and change the factual story about Savita and her death. I’d suggest instead of worrying about other people’s souls he should look after his own, it has enough blots of lies on it.....

The 8th amendment is wrong, the constitution needs to be changed but each and everyone of us would do well to remember the findings from the investigation into the Savita Halapanavaar case ;
“There was a lack of recognition of the gravity of the situation which led to passive approaches and delays in aggressive treatment. The investigation team is satisfied that concern about the law, whether clear or not, impacted on the exercise of clinical professional judgment.”

Get down off your moral high horses, this isn’t an issue about the unborn, this is about living people. And more to the point women, seeing as how I haven’t heard of a pregnant man yet.
I’ll be honest, not only do I not want, I’m not prepared to allow this country to put the life of my daughter at risk at some future point, because of the moral pronouncements of celibate men in the Vatican.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
This post has been repped by: Whitewater (7), Dirtyshirt72 (3),

Please read the legislation that I refer to and also please dont presume people are not capable of forming their own opinions that differ from you.

To anyone that read my original post, I apologise. My emotions got the better of me
Most recent comment by admin precisely why I won't elaborate further. Possibly we should close this thread down as it's highly emotive and it is obvious that ne'er the twain shall meet.

But sorry for reneging momentarily , fatal foetal abnormalities are NOT covered by present legislation.

(28-10-2017, 05:48 PM)62colmm Wrote: But sorry for reneging momentarily , fatal foetal abnormalities are NOT covered by present legislation.

Fair enough, look to change that
Ignorant Cunt😀😀😀
I won’t bother answering that, you’ve done yourself enough of a disservice there...
I don’t want a change in the law.
I want a change in the constitution.
I want the 8th ammendment repealed .
And I couldn’t care less if you worship the devil, Jesus, Allah or a stuffed goat or all or none of these, but I’ll isten to advice from those that know, not those whose personal moral compass differs to mine.

When the former master of the National Maternity Hospital, a man who one can fairly safely say has some knowledge of the actual facts, says that the 2013 protection of life act provides absolutely no guidance to a doctor on how ill a woman should be before an abortion can be performed, then it’s time to change and recognize that change is required.
I’ll finish my comments on the topic with this.
Savita Halappanavar died because of sepsis. And she would be alive today if this country allowed abortion.
And comments like yours are why for the first time in my life, I’d take to the streets to campaign for something.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
If you couldnt care less than stop making out that anyone that disagrees with you is because of the church. 

The former head evidently wasnt aware that the decision on when an abortion can and cant be undertaken is being made in the very hospital he comes from and its staff far lower on the pay grade that are maiking that call on a regular basis. Tell me, how many doctors have been prosecuted since 1992? None. Not a single one, no midwives either.

Savita died because of sepsis. Correct, sepsis that was untreated until too late because the medical staff fucked up. Oh but the HSE didnt directly blame their own staff, what a shocker! In the past 4 years how many women have died because an abortion was refused on medical grounds? Again none, not a single one.

She would be alive today if a competent doctor who was aware of the regulations and did his job properly regarding her care at the time had been in charge of her case. She would be alive today if my family member had been her carer.

You campaign away, that my personal experience has spurred you to go against and cause more suffering is for your conscience but I know that the pain of abortion has been far greater than the pain of keeping a child.