This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

The New TV Thread.
Just saw TV3 are showing it too, starting this Wednesday at 10.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
New show on Netflix called fire chasers. Follows wildlands fire tactics and how they combat the massive bush fires they have in California.

Thats my afternoon sorted. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
You gotta love America female prisoners used to fight forest fires
"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get by in places where its spoken"

Before contacting us please read the help files on site Verification, E-mail and Support. Then when your ready you can E-mail me to apply for Verification or become a Supporter.
[Image: 52716eda9a17503df3027a6df1a3be41.png]
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
+1 on fire chasers, just watched the first episode. heavily Americanised in parts but a good watch. Interesting sources of man (woman) power alright!
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
Started to watch this on Netflix.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeless_(TV_series)

Kinda like a rehash of 'Time Tunnel' for those of us of that ilk who would remember Saturday morning TV back in the day. 

It's actually not that bad. It helps that https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abigail_Spencer features
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
Yup, started watching it too & I couldn't remember the name of the series it reminded me of! Cheers always

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
Trauma RTE 2 2130 tonight

4 parter, camera's in 4 Dublin A&Es, NEOC and ERCC....think Ireland's answer to 24hrs in A&E

Be worth a look

Sorry for short notice only found out myself

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
For anyone who missed the first episode of Trauma

http://www.rte.ie/player/show/10788899
Anybody watches Hitlers People in RTÉ 2, it's in the player now.

Documentary about Saul Padover, a Jewish social scientist who moved from Vienna to New York in 1929. He came back as a Major in a US Army Psyc warfare unit in 1944 -45.

His job was to debrief Germans, trying to find out how they stuck with Hitler and his ideology to the bitter end. It was interesting and scary to see how outwardly intelligent and normal people can be won over by extremist madness.
Some Germans weren't repentant even when they were shown the concentration camps, gave out about being shown them.

Very topical at the moment.
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
I saw that too. Fascinating show. German people seemed completely deluded as to the cause of their problems.
People happily accept reports that blame others for their issues. Look at Trump at the moment and remember that ww1 defeat was still fresh in the german minds and their country was in the shitter. People also forget how long the Nazi party was around for, it wasnt like Hitlet came out of nowhere in 1939
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
There’s a documentary on Netflix about Hitlers bodyguards, worth watching as it looks at how the Nazi Party came about and the polictial and Social climates in Germany at the time.
Latest Netflix binge is Peaky Blinders. I’m not a Cillian Murphy fan. Ya I’m loving the series.
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
It's brilliant fact "based" but with poetic license. I was in parts of Black Country where it's filmed and was at original Garrison pub, sadly closed

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk