This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

St John Ambulance Ireland
(21-09-2015, 08:20 PM)Jamie21 Wrote: Patient 23 year old died at a marathon. Something sounds wrong there. How they lose a such a young patient. They must of tryed their major water as what they do at a road race I was at they were there and they attended the lad and gave him water. Shur that's not in any cpgs as an EFR my self

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say there about water?

Cardiac arrest affects all ages (check out things like SADS), and unfortunately even people who have witnessed cardiac arrests in A&E Resus rooms pass away all the time. I'm sure the crew did their upmost for the patient, its not an easy situation to have to deal with at all and thoughts are with the crew, family and friends. 

To suggest the crew didn't do their best or were somehow at fault is pure ignorance without any evidence. The race organisers released a statement commending the crew for their quick actions and treatment.
(21-09-2015, 08:20 PM)Jamie21 Wrote: Patient 23 year old died at a marathon. Something sounds wrong there. How they lose a such a young patient. They must of tryed their major water as what they do at a road race I was at they were there and they attended the lad and gave him water. Shur that's not in any cpgs as an EFR my self
Wow

Thats all I can say. Wow

How you can come out with a statement like that just baffles me
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
I'm with the lads..... its a terrible that a young pt died suddenly. ... but there is nothing to suggest that he got anything short of first class care. As far as I know he was treated almost immediately by some off duty paramedics who were taking part in the race.

I'm not clear what you are trying to say about water? There is no cpg about water administration. ... it us not a medication. I think it would be good if you clarify your last post.
I call trolling
If its not, it's a disgraceful comment.
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
So he collapsed and possibly was conscious and they gave him water! What's wrong with that (if that happened?)

If he then went into cardiac arrest the person attending may have been in shock also but he received CPR very quick and also got ALS prior to hospital
Everything was done for him.

In what capacity where you there @Jamie21
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
Enough posts not to be trolling.

Plain and simple shocking allegation
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
(21-09-2015, 10:05 PM)Actual Paramedic Wrote: So he collapsed and possibly was conscious and they gave him water! What's wrong with that (if that happened?)

If he then went into cardiac arrest the person attending may have been in shock also but he received CPR very quick and also got ALS prior to hospital
Everything was done for him.

In what capacity where you there @Jamie21

He wasn't there. He compared someone with an injury at a road race being given water with someone having a cardiac arrest.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf

A young man died and my sympathies are with his family and friends at this difficult time. Please have some respect.

You should not speculate regarding this or any such tragic situation.
I'm just going to say I don't have faith in that organisation. I was at an event a few years ago fell and subsaqently broke my wrist it was quite deformed and was told it be grand in a day or two it was on sprained. Sorry if I offended anyone I send my regards to all involved just don't trust them after my incident and Iv heard of many others like myself since then. That's all I'm going to say
(22-09-2015, 05:17 PM)Jamie21 Wrote: I'm just going to say I don't have faith in that organisation. I was at an event a few years ago fell and subsaqently broke my wrist it was quite deformed and was told it be grand in a day or two it was on sprained. Sorry if I offended anyone I send my regards to all involved just don't trust them after my incident and Iv heard of many others like myself since then. That's all I'm going to say
Watch your brush there. You're dripping tar on the carpet
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
(22-09-2015, 06:10 PM)EMTeabreak Wrote:
(22-09-2015, 05:17 PM)Jamie21 Wrote: I'm just going to say I don't have faith in that organisation. I was at an event a few years ago fell and subsaqently broke my wrist it was quite deformed and was told it be grand in a day or two it was on sprained. Sorry if I offended anyone I send my regards to all involved just don't trust them after my incident and Iv heard of many others like myself since then. That's all I'm going to say

Sorry I Don't under stand "Watch your brush there. You're dripping tar on the carpet"

Also I will not be commenting any more on this
(22-09-2015, 06:28 PM)Jamie21 Wrote:
(22-09-2015, 06:10 PM)EMTeabreak Wrote:

Sorry I Don't under stand "Watch your brush there. You're dripping tar on the carpet"

Also I will not be commenting any more on this

You are tarring everyone in the organisation with the one brush.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Sorry about that's I'm only speaking of my expirence
(22-09-2015, 07:56 PM)Jamie21 Wrote: Sorry about that's I'm only speaking of my expirence

True and sounds like a bad experience you had with a group. However it doesn't mean that everyone is as bad. In all organisations there is good and bad, to help get rid of the bad actions need to be taken

Did you report your adverse treatment at the time or afterwards? Organisations need to know so they can improve.

But back to the original topic, sympathies to the deceased and well done to all whom tried their best treating the young man
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
@Jamie 21, 

Scandalous comments out of you & if your going to post spell correctly as you were being sarcastic with your major water / magic water comment. As others have posted good & bad in every organisation.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
You may not like it but I have given my thoughts. If I needed help again in Ireland or any where else no way would I leave them treat me or any of my kids. No offence to good members but one or two others I have talked and heard of had something like my incident happen. Noting to all the good members and I'm sure your good at what you do but these are my taught and I have expressed them.

To the person who as brought up my spelling surly you have better things to be doing than correcting a wrong spelling!
There are plenty of paramedics and advanced paramedics in SJA who also work with NAS, would they be allowed treat your family? I'm sure SJA have a good percentage of EMT's who are more than capable of handling whatever situation arises. 

You have the right to feel that way, and I understand it after you had a negative experience, but I personally would not make such a judgement against the entire organisation. Rather make your judgement based on the next encounter you have with them. I think we all know some ES members who we wouldn't let near our family but they're in the minority.
[quote='Jamie21' pid='179376' dateline='1443111768']
You may not like it but I have given my thoughts. If I needed help again in Ireland or any where else no way would I leave them treat me or any of my kids. No offence to good members but one or two others I have talked and heard of had something like my incident happen.  Noting to all the good members and I'm sure your good at what you do but these are my taught and I have expressed them.

To the person who as brought up my spelling surly you have better things to be doing than correcting a wrong spelling!

Ah get a grip. You come on, pass an outlandish comment & tried to be a smart ass re magic water & in doing so tarnish the reputation of a national organisation based on one experience.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
I have just started reading this thread page in relation to a tragic incident obviously involving SJA.  To say that I am shocked is an understatement, shocked from the comments of Jamie21.  I am not here to make someone feel like they are being picked on or ganged up on but come on - you make a statement like that - in a place like this - you expect to get it.  Jamie21, please take time to think about the volunteer ethos of these organisations and remove yourself from the organisation name and uniform for a minute.  I would expect a throw away comment like "I wouldn't let anyone treat me or my family" from a normal member of the public with no understanding of the time given by volunteers.  I know some great volunteers from EFR right up to Advanced Paramedic in SJA and I would be delighted if it was they were treating me in my time of need.  I'm sick of trying to hammer this home - regardless of organisation name we are all out for the same goal.

By the way, you should make sure to have a pen and paper with you...just in case someday you should find yourself in a situation where you have both hands clasped around your neck...panicking, fighting for your life, not able to cough or take a breath....just so you can write to the SJA man running to help you...."I'm Fine, I'll sort myself out"!
If I can't eat it, ride it, break it or drive it, then I'll ask myself "do I really need it?!"