This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Public Area Youtube Tread
One for the public area.

Shot fro m a drone.

http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Here's one that I thought was fairly good......seeing as it's a world now dominated by social media etc.

It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
This post has been repped by: mbeire (3),

I'd say he will get lots of RT's, likes, shares, Tweets, emails and texts with that video.

Actual it's very very good MRX and so true. A sad indictment of our current world.
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Email me Here
The Couch, an area to discuss issues of Welfare, Discipline, Peer Support and Concern
Stresskills for further articles and information
Your post contains too many videos. Max. videos allowed: 1
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
hey look theres me in the bottom video haha :P
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Why is there someone sitting in the passenger seat with gloves on? i.e., why aren't they helping the person in the back? (Or were they going to a call?)
If I recall correctly

All omac ambos have a crew of 3. For this call there was a foot team also on scene. Who were a higher clinical level than the chap in passenger seat. So 1 if not two jumped in the back.

Ask Bobby he'll know for certain. I was further down the road but heard the radio comms
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
1 EMT 1 Doctor and 2 family members in the back a dad and very young son, pt was very young too basically no room in the back ha
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Ah okay, thanks. Can I ask what the problem was? We are in the public area.
Fall from a height if I remember correctly
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
Fell from a height reduced Loc
Thanks lads! One more question, is the doctor a member of the Org too? That's a great resource to have!
yes we had 2 doctors that are members and 6 nurses (7 if you include EMTeabreak but he was out on foot)
Fair play. also great that ye have a doctor. Do have their own meds bag or whats the story?
2 family members in the back is a bit much for me :P
yes doctor had 2 bags and a briefcase that had everything he needed. The fact their was 2 family in the back was due to the uninjured sons age felt it was better to keep him with dad as he was very upset over all that had happened.
(04-06-2014, 12:35 PM)MRX Wrote: Thanks lads! One more question, is the doctor a member of the Org too? That's a great resource to have!

2 docs
7 nurses
2 AP's (One in response jeep, one on bike)
Few paramedics (3?)
Pile of EMTS
Aswell as EFRs, Foundations and the minions (Cadets)
Lucky to have so many doctors, AP's, and paramedics available to you in the capital. Unfortunately my unit only has 1 nurse, the rest EMT's and the responders. At least we have a fair share of EMT's to go around seeing as we're kept busy.

Question for yous dubs.

How does radio communication work up in Dublin seeing as OMAC is on the same frequency nationally, and you have a lot of units and ambulances in dublin covering different events and stuff.

Do you guys have a controller or just have to work around each other and hope everyone can share the radio net evenly?

Only event I worked at in dublin was the eucaristic congress, and that had a controller but I presume we were using a different channel not to be dominating other events.

Also, are event bookings done at unit level or through HQ?
The national director was one of the paramedics on duty :P major duties have a control set up with usually 2 controllers as was the case on Monday we worked off channel 1 the national radio channel with other duties working off channel 2 or 3 as designated by regional communications officer 19
Small Events come through at unit level bigger duties would come through the regional duty officer and possibly regional major duties officer
Local duties operate on channel 2 or 3. As this is a back to back channel has a max range of maybe 5 miles in ideal conditions....in a built up area much less.

The larger duties would use channel 1. The repeater channel with mobile repeaters deployed as needed to increase range and clarity.

Eg paddys day. City centre would operate on CH 1. Smaller events eg Swords parade would use CH 2/3 and thered be no cross over

Duties either come in regionally or locally. Depends who the organiser contacts. 9/10 times regional duty officer would pass it on to local unit to deal with. RDO deals with the bigger duties or assists local units having trouble covering them
JUST CALL ME PROBIE