This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Public Area Youtube Tread
The Carmichael Commando was some bit of kit. I'd be slow to try pulling anything with the modern range rover, lest it pulled the sub frame off.
As said already, elf & safy" would be apoplectic at risks taken! Mind you job was done!
Was gas to see alcolyser in use. I recall using one as recent as 2005!
If I recall those constabularies covering that m-way network had a ford transit awd in dayglo orange which attended RTCs or" bumps" with all necessary kit as it was quite bulky and heavy back then. The old yellow warning lights bring back memories. Kit has improved immensely now, newer meprolights so easy to carry & very effective.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
(22-10-2017, 10:20 AM)Brigade Wrote: Well the curse of fuck on it. I thought it was added, the hallucinations haven’t gone yet.

Just watched it, the Hazmat incident was interesting to say the least. I would guess fifteen minutes into it , everyone walking in the stuff and all of a sudden the data comes in,narcotic effect, BA must be worn . OK everyone to hospital , Firefighters, Police, drivers the lot in for observation nowdays and that is after full decon and everything from the top of your head down to the shoes on your feet and all equipment removed , bagged and taken away on scene, but then nowdays fire would not go near it before we knew all that.
Was thinking same thing, followed by hmmm claim!!!

These popped up in my youtube feed lately:

Competition to see how many jets it takes to put out a mini-car on fire:
Great video, should do a section here just for vintage videos. Health & safety nowadays would need new underwear if they saw that. The amount of flat bed trucks with loose cargo compared to now, you were screwed if they crashed into you.
No manning issues in Chinese fire service:

thought the first appliance was going to drive over the runners!

(22-10-2017, 06:32 PM)Blackbolt Wrote:
(22-10-2017, 10:20 AM)Brigade Wrote: Well the curse of fuck on it. I thought it was added, the hallucinations haven’t gone yet.

Just watched it, the Hazmat incident was interesting to say the least. I would guess fifteen minutes into it , everyone walking in the stuff and all of a sudden the data comes in,narcotic effect, BA must be worn . OK everyone to hospital , Firefighters, Police, drivers the lot in for observation nowdays and that is after full decon and everything from the top of your head down to the shoes on your feet and all equipment removed , bagged and taken away on scene, but then nowdays fire would not go near it before we knew all that.

When told they it required foam it was a case of “fuck it, a water jet will be better to get it off”. Nearly every trafficman had a moustache too. Standards have obviously slipped since then.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
(23-10-2017, 10:49 AM)Command Support Wrote:

When told they it required foam it was a case of “fuck it, a water jet will be better to get it off”. Nearly every trafficman had a moustache too. Standards have obviously slipped since then.

Unless you are Vidar....
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
(23-10-2017, 10:49 AM)Command Support Wrote:

When told they it required foam it was a case of “fuck it, a water jet will be better to get it off”.

Said that the foam wouldn't have the pressure to remove it.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
When the ambo crashed into the patrol car!
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
There wouldn't be too much decontamination for the fire brigade personnel. They were covered head to toe in PU coated plastic anyway !
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
I remember those raincoats. My dad had one for the truck. Buttons were huge and resembled a suction cup. Impossible to close with only two hands. If by accident you managed to close it, you would need anothers help to open it again.
Sounds like the plastic jkts that used to be issued with patrol cars in early 1990s before we got personal issue