This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

tri service officer
An electric car!

No fires, crime or medical emergencies in a power cut then
Sure he's as useful as @vidar. Mule, EMT and has a fire extinguisher in the car
hay that's an insult! I can probably do more than him at a fire too 148
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
I don't know what ye're giving out about.
I know a lad not too far away from me that was a retained station officer in the fire brigade, a seargent in the FCA, was in one of the vol ambulance services, a county councillor, a justice of the peace and an undertaker.
He also managed to squeeze in being on the parish council and a Eucharistic minister and was also apparently an excellent water diviner.
Personally I like nothing more than seeing the end of the shift and leaving work. 

CFR, part-time Police Officer and is he full-time FS? Surely he can't be if he's a "Tri Service Safety Officer"………Jesus wept…..
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
What a load of bollox.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
We can't be so negative on this or else the dream job in Clare for @Vidar is gone
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
Come to think of it we have two firefighters in the county who are also emts with the NAS and have been for donkeys years, as far as I know they still are doing both. You may be able to correct me one this @coastguardsteve
There are two paramedics as far as I know still retained with FB. Not sure what the story is. But it's definitely the exception. .... lots of ex FF in Cork had to leave the FB a few years ago.
(26-04-2015, 10:11 AM)coastguardsteve Wrote: There are two paramedics as far as I know still retained with FB.  Not sure what the story is. But it's definitely the exception. .... lots of ex FF in Cork had to leave the FB a few years ago.

I will pm you.
(26-04-2015, 09:02 AM)Actual Paramedic Wrote: We can't be so negative on this or else the dream job in Clare for @Vidar is gone

Na I'll leave the hose fairy stuff alone 148
Those who can, do.

(26-04-2015, 11:37 AM)vidar Wrote:
(26-04-2015, 09:02 AM)Actual Paramedic Wrote: We can't be so negative on this or else the dream job in Clare for @Vidar is gone

Na I'll leave the hose fairy stuff alone 148

Thats just cos you cant handle the heat 19
No just over no interest in playing with brigades hoses
Those who can, do.

You notice how he couldn't make it as a real cop or paramedic...........

Just an observation
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
He just made the best ES his priority 148
Looks like it might be the way to go for someone involved in an overcrowded SAR market.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
(26-04-2015, 12:32 PM)vidar Wrote: No just over no interest in playing with brigades hoses

It's gets easier once you've done it once Vidar....
i dont care how many times you tell me that, im still not doing it! 59
Those who can, do.

Touch it...... It won't bite....it might spit at you......but it won't bite.......
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
and the more you pull it the bigger it gets 148