This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

S/Off Robbie Kane DFB
Our friend and colleague Robbie Kane passed away in the early hours of this morning following a long and hard fought battle with cancer. 
He was 47 years of age and had served in Kilbarrack as a firefighter for 14 years before being promoted to B watch HQ. Robbie's quietly spoken and calm persona belied the passion which he brought to his many sporting activities and his love of a good night out with his large circle of mates . He was a tough guy in the proper sense of the word, an old school straight talker who was a horse of a man in a tight spot, and a formidable adversary on the pitch. His death came as a surprise to many of us who had thought him indestructible. He fought his fight quietly and with dignity and true to form didn't want anyone making a fuss so kept the seriousness of his condition a secret except to a very tight and loyal group of closest friends. We in DFB, his family and his beloved daughter will miss him dearly.

Ar dheis DÃ go raibh a anam
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
May he RIP 

Thoughts are with family and friends at this hard time
Sorry but HOW many copies of this do you want????
May he rest in peace.
Email: echo59@esforum.org            PGP key: AF7C8C3B
May he rest in peace. 

Condolences to his family, colleagues & friends.
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
Heard a few weeks ago that he had taken a turn for the worse but I certainly never expected to hear he had passed away so soon. A genuinely decent, nice bloke.

RIP
Rest in peace.
R.I.P.
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
Rest in peace.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
R.I.P.
Condolences to his colleagues, friends and family.
Sincere condolences to his family and DFB family and friends. R.I.P.
May he rest in peace.
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
RIP
RIP
RIP
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
RIP
RIP
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
RIP.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
RIP