This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Think carefully before you leap....

Advertisments in some papers today I'm led to believe for this training company, I'd be sceptical of the services offered as we don't have a body such as PHECC which can approve them, and question how much value they would be to any prospective candidates.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
So who are they ?
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
I reckon an engineer designed that logo
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
Are courses like this of nay value? You see them for the Gardai as well but do they actually help?
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
They help the bank balance of anyone that runs them....
Have replies to this thread been deleted or is my phone acting up ?
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
yes, my bad.
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Are their courses affiliated with anyone?
The University of Horseshite.
(11-07-2015, 01:47 PM)irish medic Wrote: Have replies to this thread been deleted or is my phone acting up ?

Public area IM!
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

And another one. Water awareness, working at heights and what's basically Cardiac First Responder certification in 2 days for what are normally 1 day courses in their own rights?!
"All Candidates will receive individual Certification for the above courses which are valid for a minimum of 2 years"

No mention of who certifies the courses.

from their Facebook Eventbrite booking link:
Booking deposit €100
Early bird balance €145
Full cost balance €195
To test how successful these courses are you would have to benchmark them against successful applicants for fire service recruitment. Seeing as how there has been slim to no recruitment in the last 7 years to any full time service it's too difficult to measure. Either way it seems poor value for what is basically interview prep, manual handling, CFR and an hour of "working at heights".
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
See this same crowd are commenting on another well known irish forum on the DFB recruitment thread offering help to get in and not to worry about it being internal recruitment do this course and be ready for external........
(04-08-2015, 05:47 PM)WexEMT Wrote: See this same crowd are commenting on another well known irish forum on the DFB recruitment thread offering help to get in and not to worry about it being internal recruitment do this course and be ready for external........
Itd be interesting day 1 of any course with public recruits to do a quick survey and to see what or who they used to help them secure a place. Ie did they do one of these courses, did they buy a book to help with aptitude tests, did they pick the brains od any serving member of the brigade etc. Or did they just nail it by themselves

Be interesting wouldn't it
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
(05-08-2015, 12:25 AM)EMTeabreak Wrote:
(04-08-2015, 05:47 PM)WexEMT Wrote: See this same crowd are commenting on another well known irish forum on the DFB recruitment thread offering help to get in and not to worry about it being internal recruitment do this course and be ready for external........
Itd be interesting day 1 of any course with public recruits to do a quick survey and to see what or who they used to help them secure a place. Ie did they do one of these courses, did they buy a book to help with aptitude tests, did they pick the brains od any serving member of the brigade etc. Or did they just nail it by themselves

Would be interesting alright just seems an awful lot crammed into two days to me but look if it helps then best of luck to whoever wants to do it
(05-08-2015, 09:41 AM)WexEMT Wrote:

Would be interesting alright just seems an awful lot crammed into two days to me but look if it helps then best of luck to whoever wants to do it
True. But theres an awful bang of preying on the desperation of people to get the job and try make a few bob off them
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
To get through to the interview stages, people will have to get through the application form, probably a combination of appitude & fitness tests. My advice would be to focus in those areas first.
(05-08-2015, 09:43 AM)EMTeabreak Wrote:
(05-08-2015, 09:41 AM)WexEMT Wrote:

True. But theres an awful bang of preying on the desperation of people to get the job and try make a few bob off them

There is a massive bang of it That's my major issue with it aswell unfortunately many people are going to pay it I'd bet!
Really didn't like the way as I said on the other forum I seen them more or less saying forget the fact it's internal recruitment come do our course because they will be recruiting external and you will be ready..... Sounded very like just shut up and give me your money and you will get in at some stage
On a similar note to this, a relative is being offered an interview for Limerick Fire & Rescue.

Can anyone recommend someone appropriate for interview training?  I'm guessing any of the ones listed above wouldn't really be on the cards.  It's the interview in particular he wants to work on, not the fitness or practical assessments.

If you don't want to comment publicly, can you PM me please?
Email: echo59@esforum.org            PGP key: AF7C8C3B