This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Pc David Phillips, Merseyside police
Merseyside police Wrote:Merseyside Police can confirm that it has launched a murder investigation following the death of an on duty police officer in the early hours of this morning (Monday, 5 October 2015). 

The neighbourhood patrol officer had been deployed to assist following a burglary at an estate agents premises on Woodchurch Road, Birkenhead, just after 1am this morning. 

During the burglary the offenders stole a red Mitsubishi pick-up vehicle, which was spotted by a police patrol at 1.28am. 

The stolen vehicle was being driven at speed and when it was spotted by a police patrol car a pursuit was undertaken in a bid to apprehend the offenders. 

A pursuit was undertaken and the vehicle was driving along Wallasey Dock North Road, Wallasey, at about 2.08am. The Mitsubishi mounted the central reservation where two neighbourhood officers were standing after deploying a stop stick in a bid to stop the car. 

The Mitsubishi struck one of the officers and was then driven off at speed. 

Colleagues carried out CPR on the injured officer at the scene of the incident and he was taken to Arrowe Park Hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short while later. 

http://www.merseyside.police.uk/news/lat...e-officer/
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.