This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Solved Slow Loading Times
I think the hamster needs to be replaced. The site is taking ages to load up for me. Problem on the phone and PC. Other sites load fine.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Yes I noticed myself but at present I cant deal with it, in a few days I should be able to have a look
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Is it just me or is the site really slow? Especially logging on and posting??
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
Incredibly slow

Was putting it down to my broadband

Double posting too
Sorry but HOW many copies of this do you want????
no im finding the same
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
theres no need for 2 threads guys. We have noticed the same and currently working on removing the hamsters corpse and finding a new one
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Feck, didn't see the other thread.
I'd blame the slow loading speed but that will get me in trouble😜
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
Ok so we finally got to the full bottom of this issue and its fixed HOWEVER theres drawbacks to it, images are now caching for a much longer perios of time meaning that if your seeing someothing iffy its probable old.

also, it will be slower to tell you whats read and unread. If we find a way around that we will implement it
fingers crossed thats the final fix............................
To try and limit bandwidth and increase our load times and other issues we are taking the following steps:

A, Archiving the transfer section. It has become dorment to it will be archived for the moment.

B, Sorry the 2 users that like it but we will be removing the Original and Alternative themes from the site.

C, Changing the bottom links from images to words.
(08-01-2016, 01:45 AM)Administrator Wrote: To try and limit bandwidth and increase our load times and other issues we are taking the following steps:

A, Archiving the transfer section. It has become dorment to it will be archived for the moment.

B, Sorry the 2 users that like it but we will be removing the Original and Alternative themes from the site.

Load times still are incredibly slow for me, both via phone & laptop. If anything they seem slower. Just an observation / info pass on.
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
(08-01-2016, 01:45 AM)Administrator Wrote: To try and limit bandwidth and increase our load times and other issues we are taking the following steps:

Load times still are incredibly slow for me, both via phone & laptop. If anything they seem slower. Just an observation / info pass on.
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
I hadnt done anything at that stage. Its done now and yes, still terrible speed. I am in discussion with the host and some alternative hosting companies
I find its slow on the phone in safari. Fine on tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anybody having the same problem again? I have a brand new computer.....everything else loads straight away but ESF is very slow...?
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
Yup, even in tapa talk it's slow to load!
Still very slow, if the host doesn't come up with solutions maybe we might need to change.
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Email me Here
The Couch, an area to discuss issues of Welfare, Discipline, Peer Support and Concern
Stresskills for further articles and information
Slow. Slow. Slow.

According to my watch we are now at 5 second loading time which is fine. We will give it a week or two and see if the hosts can maintain that, if not we will have to pack our bags.
Seems to have sped up now. Still slower than other websites thought.