This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Question for the fire lads
Would one of you guys be willing to answer a few questions In PM or on FB or something in relation to BA and what not thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Depends on what the questions are, PM me.
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
I dealth with the BA. You can deal with the what nots....
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
The what nots are very important especially when you learn how much this site could go to the shits so easily and in only seconds.

Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
(20-10-2015, 07:46 AM)Brigade Wrote: I dealth with the BA. You can deal with the what nots....

I shall indeed. A what not is when you are out at flooding and a senior officer asks you why his car is floating down the road and didn't he instruct you to tie a rope with a strong knot in it to make sure this would not happen. Your answer is "What not ? I dont remember you saying anything about a knot, is it written on the Incident command board? cos if its not written on the board it didn't happen".

There ya go, what not's dealt with 22
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
What's an incident command board

Something you can draw pictures of buildings, fire engines and cows on.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
Oh we use the back of the ECB ha

(20-10-2015, 03:14 PM)Command Support Wrote: Something you can draw pictures of buildings, fire engines and cows on.

And them had better be giant cows as well ya know 23
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
Use BA in work (on an ERT), if I can help, shout.
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
(20-10-2015, 08:40 AM)EchoNovember85 Wrote: What's an incident command board

One of these.....this is the paper version. Its usually a hard plastic one like an entry control board [Image: 0b6a683c711d5e57377cadea9e5b9404.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
And the Brits have gone and fecked it up for us.
They've dropped the Transitional mode, now you can only be Defensive or Offensive.
I predict it will be applied here too in a short space of time.
I'll miss Transitional Mode. It was one of those things that was completely useless, confused everyone but sounded as if it was very important.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
Still baffled as to how they thought "transitional mode" was a good name to use when it means something else.
I'd have gone for "sortof mode".
(20-10-2015, 08:40 AM)EchoNovember85 Wrote: What's an incident command board

Powerpoint.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rz23i...sp=sharing
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
(22-10-2015, 12:25 AM)civdef Wrote: Still baffled as to how they thought "transitional mode" was a good name to use when it means something else.
I'd have gone for "sortof mode".

Yep it was always a daft term. Really just a way to put a name on something that actually happens at a fire but doesn't fit the neat and tidy schoolroom vision of how things should be.
I'd have just used "neither"
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.