This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

NAS Pay rates, and recognition?
Hi Folks

I'm a Student Paramedic with the Scottish ambulance service just about to get my diploma, then go on and do the year degree in Stirling University. I love it over here, but unfortunetly both my parents health is starting to go south. This has me wondering about heading home to Ireland. I know I would have to go through the whole recognition process with PHECC. If I manage to get the degree could I potentialy be recognised as an Advanced Paramedic? PHECC are fairly tight with iformation on this.

Also what is the pay like back home? if anyone can shed some light on the take home pay that would be great.

Thanks very much folks.
It's a long road to gain the recognition from Phecc. You would have to have at least 18month post qualified experience in the UK before you could get AP recognition (my info is 2 years old, might have changed). Pay is not great for what we do. I am sure AP or someone will quantify AP rates but a para starting off is on approx. 25,900 euros gross.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
The AP allowance was 25% of the basic salary and used to equate to an extra €9,000 per year for most. Not quite sure about person coming in qualified.

And to reiterate what IM has said, most likely going to need 2 years post qualification work if you want to guarantee RPL and gain the AP qualification here via PHECC

Sent using Tapatalk from my Totem Pole and Apache Axe
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
Thats great folks, thanks for that. Did'nt know about the 2 years post quallification, so thats a great help!