Disgraceful carry on, but will there be any repercussions???
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-an...-1.3660053
Try to remember that at the time of that meeting, the commissioner and indeed many Gardai thought the allegations were true and that McCabe was whistleblowing to save his own skin. We now know thats not the case and if anything, it further proves the need for a robust legal system such as the one we have instead of the kanagaroo courts and lynch mob mentality that exists in places.

But it remains unspoken that he was the Sergeant in charge of the station where the shenanigans were happening according to him. Bosses dont generally whistleblow about those under them, they supervise and if needed, discipline them. Was he so isolated prior to whistleblowing that the station party could ignore his orders? I cant imagine such a scenario in my station but maybe
Before contacting us, please read our Help section. Afterwards, you can contact me by PM or E-mail for further help.
It highlights a toxic environment that needs stamping out, it sadly tarnishes all in the eyes of some which has to be addressed and a serious effort now needs to be implemented to address all of this once and for all.
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Gardasupport
Supporting our Emergency Services FaceBook Page 
We also need to remember that Maurice McCabe is an innocent man wronged so badly by some and irrespective of any possible minor failings he should be honored, his story heard and learned from.

Those found to be wrong now need to be punished fully.
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Gardasupport
Supporting our Emergency Services FaceBook Page 
That depends on if those above his rank who are tasked with handing out discipline are willing to do it, he can report wrongdoings up the line but handing out discipline , is that in his remit?
As the sergeant in charge of the station I believe he carries more power than normal but I doubt he could formally discipline.

The question is, did he ever report anyone? Did he ever write a report or chastise anyone? Im let to believe he simple locked himself in his office and poured over tickets for 2 or 3 years. In those 3 years, where was the leadership?

Who knows, maybe he reads this and is willing to q&a about the whole thing. At least that way we could get genuine answers to the questions we want to ask
Before contacting us, please read our Help section. Afterwards, you can contact me by PM or E-mail for further help.