Saying or customs that bug you
I'm not saying it's the most ridiculous or pointless one that exists but with many I get the theory behind them.

Not this one though, when people who are so self driven by stupid tweets and comments think that typing "praying for you" is actually doing anything.

It's not, first off its the laziest response to a supposed friends issues that you could do. Call to the person, send them a private message or just a phonecall but don't do this stupid public show of complete nothingness because not a single person believes that you are actually praying.

Second, even in the event that you are praying, so what? It's such a stupid system. You think thats why children in Africa are dying of starvation? Or that Babies are being blown up or drowning while fleeing a war? Because there's insufficient people praying for them? 

Get off your ass and do something actually useful. Volunteer, donate or make the decision to actually get off the computer to help someone. I mean, posting a damn rice cake would be more beneficial.

And before anyone claims it, I'm ok with people having personal religious beliefs, I don't agree with mocking that but c'mon, it's so lazy and superficial. It's not bloody Britain's got talent, there's no most prayers winner!
Before contacting us, please read our Help section. Afterwards, you can contact me by PM or E-mail for further help.
Well that’s you out of my prayers so.

I suppose it all comes down to intent. If there is a genuine thought of sending someone good vibes, positivity or thinking of them then I believe, and would imagine research will support me that this has a positive impact on the person receiving it.

If it’s a response with no intent then it’s a bit disingenuous I suppose.
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Gardasupport
Supporting our Emergency Services FaceBook Page 
My colleagues have a habit of saying 
"a wise man once said, we only have to be lucky once, they have to be lucky all the time"

I remember exactly who this "wise man" was.

It was the wording of the IRA statement in the aftermath of the Brighton hotel bombing.
That’s an incredible one DS! Wow!!
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Gardasupport
Supporting our Emergency Services FaceBook Page 
I'm not racist but............
With all due respect but........

Two of the most annoying used by far.
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
(19-01-2019, 10:51 PM)Ballast Wrote: I'm not racist but............
With all due respect but........

Two of the most annoying used by far.

I'm not racist but... (you are a racist)
With all due respect... (with no respect whatsoever)

Add to that "Can I just say" (I'm going to take over this conversation completely, your opinion means nothing to me)

"Oh, Hi!" (Oh Fuck, I was hoping I wouldn't have to engage with you at all)