Buying a Vehicle in the UK? IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
Hey folks,
Have just learnt that the DVLA in Swansea are no longer issuing Certs of permanent export for UK reg cars sold to people outside the UK. In fact they are not issuing said certs at all.
Combine this with the fact the DVLA do not send form V5 (cert of registration) to an address outside the UK, it will become increasingly difficult to register a car bought in the UK in Ireland.

So if you are buying a car or motorbike in the UK, do not think of heading home to Ireland unless you are in posession of the V5.
Why not? Just being jerks?
Before contacting us, please read our Help section. Afterwards, you can contact me by PM or E-mail for further help.
no idea

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...ent-export
I have always thought the buying and selling of cars to be very much based on the honour system anyway.

Sure, who knows how many cars are gone from Ireland abroad and how many are registered to fake names and addresses
Before contacting us, please read our Help section. Afterwards, you can contact me by PM or E-mail for further help.
True. The registration system is not as robust as it could be. You need a ppsn to first reg a vehicle, but after that you can put whatever name you like on it when you sell it.
Get it sent to parcel motel in Belfast who'll deliver it to your locker for €3.50 or something......
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
I doubt the DVLA will let you register a vehicle at parcel motel....
Don't we have freedom to buy what we want anywhere in the EU?
www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

www.facebook.com/emergencysf
We do. But to register it you'll need a registration document. As UK are in the process of leaving EU, I don't think they care, at government administrative level.
Looking at the link they seem to have just changed things. No problem that I can see.
www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

www.facebook.com/emergencysf