Electric Scooters etc

<p>The Greens are taking over and soon nobody will be able to afford to drive.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>Electric stand on Scooters much like the push scooters kids use are everywhere. I have seen so many of these&nbsp;scooters already in Dublin. And see the advances in this area from motorbikes to all types of electric and hybrid vehicles.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>Personally, I think they should incentives all who can&nbsp;to move towards Electric/combo motorbikes etc. they have come so far in their ability to match that of petroleum driven vehicles.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>The&nbsp;time it takes to charge cars and the lack of charging stations means we are years and years behind in this area but electric bikes, scooters and then &nbsp;motorbikes would be much easier to incentives and put in place.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>So, what is the law around these&nbsp;machines I wonder?&nbsp; And do you see many now yourselves.&nbsp;</p>

"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Gardasupport
Supporting our Emergency Services FaceBook Page 

<p>test</p><p><br></p><p><b>test</b></p><p><br></p><p><i>test</i></p>

Before contacting us, please read our Help section. Afterwards, you can contact me by PM or E-mail for further help.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thejourn...9/%3famp=1

Gardasupport

I've already attended one RTC involving a car and an electric scooter. Users treat them like bikes and go between footpaths, bus lanes and regular carriageways. Tiny lights on them (if lucky) and most users don't wearing helmets. It's only a matter of time before someone is killed off one of them.

We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

You see that’s the problem with Ireland, some ruin it for everyone. But not everyone is a Fucken eejit. We are like children with these things but that has to change.

I don’t think an out right ban or excessive costs are the answer though. Where will it end, if we don’t start to use the technology now so readily available to improve our lives we will always be on the back foot. And I include normal electric motorbike scooters in this.

Other cities offer an array of cheap transport options from electric push bikes, the two wheel scooters etc. They said it reduces congestion, frees up parking and as far as I could see all stick to their bike lanes, even in populated tourist spots.

Yes we will always have those child like people looking to ruin it for all but they will always be there.

Our cities are gridlocked we are decades behind others, is it not time to embrace and encourage cheaper healthier options?

Gardasupport

M,
People generally talk about these initiatives abroad, but do these people realise that fatalities in the roads and on bikes and for pedestrians are higher per head of population?

We actually have low fatalities in Ireland and while I'm all for these options, the complete reality is many are not for for road use or simple too dangerous for untrained users.

Yes, bikes are not insured but they are subject to the same laws as cars and you can sue the owner. They are also highly unlikely to be whizzing through traffic at 40kmh which some of these scooters can.

Legislate for them both in terms of usage but also spec and design. 40k is too fast, there's cars in estates doing slower

Before contacting us, please read our Help section. Afterwards, you can contact me by PM or E-mail for further help.

<p>Couldn’t get over how many electric scooters were available in Frankfurt, they’re on every street and once you register for use you just scan your code on the scooter and off you go and leave it where you choose. Seems to be no issue with them there and everyone accepts them. But then public transport is generally light years ahead of here and way less private cars and general traffic on the roads there.</p><p>Was at the Frankfurt car show and really dawned on me that, we simply will have no choice but to change to electric or at a minimum hybrid cars.</p><p>Ford had only hybrid cars on display, not a single conventional engine car displayed by them, when you see the big mainstream manufacturers really pushing battery, you realize it’s here like it or not.</p>

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...

I was at a presentation by the research section of London Fire Brigade last week. They currently have a project underway to migrate to a zero emissions fleet by 2030. The logistics of it all are daunting to say the least.

We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Its probably inevitable. Even the ferry companies are migrating from diesel and heavy fuel oil to a liquid hydrogen propulsion model, with numerous ships already being built with this propulsion, many which will be serving our shores. They have even already figured out how to refuel them when they get here (given we have no local suppliers).
Electric may not be the only game in town.

When I was a kid they said that the oil companies had bought up all such technology to ensure they had it to sell once the fossil fuels dried up. It would seem that these things are now being looked at at a higher level. I honestly don’t think electric will cut it fully but once we break the reliance and culture of fossil fuels and start to provide greater infrastructural supports everything should be looked at and tried.

As rightly pointed out we are light years behind some countries. Returned from two day’s in Nottingham, a city right in thd middle of the UK, their public transport was incredible. From the airport to town on one bus, trams everything, trains running constantly and little to no cues or waiting times. It ran like clockwork. To see what can be done and then to see the shit here would make you cry.

What ever happened the hovercrafts?

Gardasupport