This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The TV Thread
Dont know if it was mentioned (too lazy to re read!!!) but new series on Virgin 1 "Trauma" is fucking class!!!!

Its the closest to the real thing i have seen.
“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
― Albert Einstein
(08-03-2010, 09:27 PM)niceguyalways Wrote: Dont know if it was mentioned (too lazy to re read!!!) but new series on Virgin 1 "Trauma" is fucking class!!!!

Its the closest to the real thing i have seen.

Where in gods earth do you work??? Explosions....helicopter crashes i love it, like the unit with paramedics :D

[Image: anastasia-griffith-trauma-2.jpg]

She could take my pulse any time
(09-03-2010, 06:01 PM)bunk Wrote: Where in gods earth do you work??? Explosions....helicopter crashes i love it, like the unit with paramedics :D

[Image: anastasia-griffith-trauma-2.jpg]

She could take my pulse any time

If only we had women like that in the service (sighs) :D
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
crackin show.............and at least 20 episodes scheduled so far
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
I watched episode 3 of Trauma today, the one with the guy on the shooting spree in the building.

During the show I nearly did myself an injury laughing on account of:

The medics getting the grudging respect of the doctors by carrying out procedures they are neither trained nor licensed to do....but hey, they don't go by the book, they do what they have to to save lives maaaaannnnn!

The SFPD Swat team requesting two of our hero medics man-up an entry team to clear a building with an armed suspect on the loose.

The chopper medic getting all excited by getting hands on 'on the street'; 'I missed the buzz maaaaaaannnnn'.

Its like Baywatch only cheesier. Hokey shite.

I won't be tuning in again.
You must take it into account that,

In alot of states Paramedics (our advanced grade) can operate outside their scope of practice as long as they do not harm the patient or make them worse.

Also medics in the state must undergo a Tatical Medic course (two weeks) to emable them to accompany an armed intervention team.....and yes they do in fact enter with the SWAT teams.....it is america after all!!!

Take that into account.....and its pretty good!!:D

If you were in the office everyday....you'd miss the buzz too maaaannnnnnnnn!!

(19-03-2010, 05:09 PM)woodentop Wrote: I watched episode 3 of Trauma today, the one with the guy on the shooting spree in the building.

During the show I nearly did myself an injury laughing on account of:

The medics getting the grudging respect of the doctors by carrying out procedures they are neither trained nor licensed to do....but hey, they don't go by the book, they do what they have to to save lives maaaaannnnn!

The SFPD Swat team requesting two of our hero medics man-up an entry team to clear a building with an armed suspect on the loose.

The chopper medic getting all excited by getting hands on 'on the street'; 'I missed the buzz maaaaaaannnnn'.

Its like Baywatch only cheesier. Hokey shite.

I won't be tuning in again.
― Albert Einstein
You're right and I've taken your points into account.......and it was still shite :P

Third Watch is superior in every respect.
(19-03-2010, 05:25 PM)woodentop Wrote: You're right and I've taken your points into account.......and it was still shite :P

Agreed Thrird Watch is epic!
― Albert Einstein
(19-03-2010, 05:25 PM)woodentop Wrote: You're right and I've taken your points into account.......and it was still shite :P

Quit living in the past mmmaannnnnn :P

I enjoy it, as i said its like the unit with medics doesnt have to be 100% accurate, just have explosions and some totty and im happy :D
Bless me father for I have sinned.......tonight I watched another episode of Trauma :s

Its shite, but mildly entertaining shite.
(23-03-2010, 01:28 AM)woodentop Wrote: Bless me father for I have sinned.......tonight I watched another episode of Trauma :s

Ah come on.................the poor bloke "was only 15 minutes away from getting laid" but talked himself out of it. God love him.

I had a little empathy for the guy who had his arm chopped off too:D
(23-03-2010, 01:28 AM)woodentop Wrote: Bless me father for I have sinned.......tonight I watched another episode of Trauma :s

Ha ha told ya

Alwaysone I was gutted for the poor probie when he talked him self out of a ride........maybe i can understand what he had done all too well :p
One for the dog lovers.

ITV4+1 tonight at 2100hours Send in the Dogs focusing on GMP and Met Dog Sections.

I saw this first time round and its a good show, albeit the London stuff was more interesting than the Manchester stuff.
(25-03-2010, 09:40 PM)woodentop Wrote: One for the dog lovers.

ITV4+1 tonight at 2100hours Send in the Dogs focusing on GMP and Met Dog Sections.

I saw this first time round and its a good show, albeit the London stuff was more interesting than the Manchester stuff.

+1 seen this a while back is quiet good,especially if you like your police dogs!

Part two-final part of TV3's series on Road crashes, the first one was about the families. This episodes looks at the effect on ES personnel. On clip shows them riding with what looks like DFB. Its actually not bad considering its TV3
gonna have a Band of Brothers marathon today, before the new one pacific starts on Sky prem on Monday.

Looks like a cracker

I watched it again last night.....it's like car crash telly, so bad ya just have to look:blush:

Looking forward to "Pacific" starting next Monday night on Sky Movies, should be good.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
Looking forward to this:

[Image: reid_v_watson_poster455.jpg]

Exclusive and new to Bravo this year, we follow mixed martial arts fighter Alex Reid as he prepares for the ultimate BAMMA challenge.

See Alex go to extraordinary lengths to prepare for the fight of his life- against the UKâ€s current Middleweight Ultimate Challenge World Champion, Tom 'Kong' Watson. This is a unique never-seen-before opportunity to see what the real Alex Reid is made of- will he be crowned King of the BAMMA Middleweights? With a professional fighting career that spans nearly 12 years, Alex will train around the world, including India, Spain & America, with some of the worldâ€s premier fighters. He will be mentored by an expert Fightmaster, using some of the most brutal fighting methods in order to train for the toughest fighter he has ever faced.

Personal video diaries, weekly combats, martial arts traditions, tournaments, Kushti Wrestling, military martial arts, and pre-match dressing room drama all make this series one of the most eagerly anticipated domestic fights of 2010!

On 15 May 2010, Reid takes on Watson at BAMMA 3, to be held at the LG Arena in Birmingham.
(01-04-2010, 04:28 PM)Admin Wrote: I cant stand the fucking idiot. Hes a cedlebrity whore hawking a false image as some kiond of tough guy. Now Im not saying I could take him but I wouldnt claim to be a MMA champion or even close having lost my last 6 fights straight and being out of action for 3 years (since he became a Z list dick)

I look forward ti his first ass kicking with a good audiance but thats it.

LOL don't sit on the fence.

But I agree. I'm not a fan of his either, or his dumb fuck girlfriend, but I am looking forward to seeing how he fares with the various styles he'll be training in.
There's a decent one just started in the US called Justified, it's about a US Marshal that gets posted back to his native Kentucky. I've watched two episodes on line and so far it's been good.
Dixon of Dock Green.."evening all".. cricky i remember that program...:shy:
Yabba Dabba Doo