This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The TV Thread
Burnside is on Nat Geo now.
just found a new series on Bravo - "Repo Man", priceless stuff about two huge blokes on their day to day job of repossessing peoples motors in the US, with the help of a large dose of aggression & cans of mace.

Only in America:D
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
The Recruits
Starts Monday 12th April @ 9pm on Watch

The Recruits follows the day-to-day life of a group of police recruits on their way to becoming police officers in the New South Wales Police Force. It follows two groups of policing recruits and probationary constables from the New South Wales Police College at Goulburn, showing us how they use their training and skills as probationary constables in Australia.

[Image: IMG_1783_Group_1_in_uniform_police_crest...43x162.JPG]
Saw that 'real old bill' today good stuff! Great stories!
(09-04-2010, 10:40 AM)Faheywitane Wrote: Saw that 'real old bill' today good stuff! Great stories!

+1 it was pretty cool, pity its not a series
Reno 911... no contest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2SFERULayA
Patients don't suddenly die, it just seems that way when you stop paying attention!

Here lads That "Murphy's Law" is bloody fucking good. That Nordy lad who was riding your wan with the big tits is in it.........Can't think of his name now.....
James Nesbit?

And time to mourn... The Bill is being axed.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
(10-04-2010, 04:23 PM)foreign Wrote: And time to mourn... The Bill is being axed.

About ten years too late. The Bill has been shite for a long time. It really annoyed me when they sacked Graham Cole, aka Tony Stamp, when they decided to 'sex-up' the show and decided Stampers wasn't the face of the 'new bill'. As a result the show is axed 12 months later. Good riddance.

I have the first 3 series on boxset and its quality. The recent stuff was pure drivel......uniform interviewing prisoners......the borough commander going on raids....CID working past 4pm....all pure fiction :P
The Bill was good before they went all serial and story line having to be kept in tune. Law & Order keep a current thread and revisit issues and people but don't stick as a soap and its work well for many years, thats where the Bill went wrong.
(08-04-2010, 11:21 PM)HFB Wrote: The Recruits
Starts Monday 12th April @ 9pm on Watch

The Recruits follows the day-to-day life of a group of police recruits on their way to becoming police officers in the New South Wales Police Force.

Saw some of this this evening. What a bunch of clowns they chose to follow around. I particularly liked the female probie who stood and watched as a fella, bleeding profusely from a stab wound to his arm, rapidly deteriorated to the point of unconsciousness only for it to be revealed he had a second stab wound to the chest. Clearly she didn't want to get blood on her nice new uniform :rolleyes:
I watched that recruits show last night . . 2 half hour shows.

I taught it was quite enjoyable. It took me back to May 02 when I caught the train and walked in the gates of Templemore for the first time. Had some great craic up there despite everything.

But what really struck me was the similarity of much of it . . .ya different people, different country, different course ( looked a far better, practically based course ) and different college but still the similarities to how I remember phase 1 were striking. Everything from the free food we ate far too much of, to the suits with ID badges being worn for the first few weeks, to the loud mouth full of shit hard man drill instructors to the thursday night piss ups. . . . .very similar indeed.

Any of ye remember RTE's show the recruits from years back . . . .same sorta thing . . .it followed a few folks who were starting out in Templemore . . .although with far less access.
(08-04-2010, 09:01 PM)woodentop Wrote: Burnside is on Nat Geo now.

I saw an episode of that "real old bill" drivel last night . . . .

Cops with flashing lights on their helmets, some moron form Hungary directing traffic and a few harmless stories from oap retired cops.

Boring doesn't even begin to describe it . . . .

. . .oh and 'Burnside' doing his best to be a hard man. :rolleyes:
'He who gives up Liberty for Security, deserves neither Liberty or Security".
(13-04-2010, 12:09 AM)woodentop Wrote: Saw some of this this evening. What a bunch of clowns they chose to follow around. I particularly liked the female probie who stood and watched as a fella, bleeding profusely from a stab wound to his arm, rapidly deteriorated to the point of unconsciousness only for it to be revealed he had a second stab wound to the chest. Clearly she didn't want to get blood on her nice new uniform :rolleyes:

I've been watching this on you tube, not actually a bad show when it gets into it, going onto episode 6 now, good to see what their training is like. I agree that one or two of them are a bit immature like that guy who collapsed half way around his first 3.5 mile run. But they knock that out of them.

If like they said that was that girls first friday night shift i'm not surprised she reacted like she did.
Talking about the " Murphys Law" programme , there was an episode of Deadliest Men with that Clown Danny Dyer and it was about copper in London named Peter Bleksley. He was so deep cover only two other cops knew of his existence. Murphys law was supposed to be based on him. He was outed when his name was included in a dossier about an Op he was involved in was "stolen" from a police car.... Yeah right shite..... . My opinion is a dirty cop involved with the scum sold him out. There's dirt everywhere.
TOM WATSON NOT BUYING ALEX REID'S EXCUSES
Thursday, April 15, 2010 - by Lee Whitehead - MMAWeekly.com

The most hyped British fight of 2010 comes crashing to the ground as Alex Reid has withdrawn from his fight with Tom “Kong” Watson due to an undisclosed injury. Watson is not happy about how the situation went down.

“I donâ€t think people grasp how disrespectful he has been in all of this. I knew he was injured ages ago and said something about it. I go public and then after he starts the press for his TV show, he comes out and says he has an injury and wants to postpone the fight,” Watson recounted.

“When I first got wind of it BAMMA tried to get him checked out by their doctors, but he declined saying everything was okay and still on, only to pull out two weeks later once the show aired.”

Speculation has been rife for a long time regarding Reid actually making it to the cage with rumors persisting that he would pull out in the lead up, but no one was expecting things to happen so soon after starting his media push for it. Certainly not when he appeared on GMTV morning terrestrial television in the U.K. at the start of the week to talk about the fight and the subsequent TV show that has just debuted here.

“Alex Reid: The fight of his life” is the show that follows him around the globe as he explores new martial arts techniques that will supposedly help him beat Watson with something new and invigorating. The show is now merely an exploratory trip into different martial arts as the highlight fight at the end will not happen. Not now, and not in the future.

“After I knocked out Travis Galbraith I set my sights on training for Alex Reid. I was ready to go in March or April and both of them were rejected. So then it was all settled for May. Now he canâ€t fight. I am being told he wants to postpone the bout till July or September. The way I see it is that if he doesnâ€t turn up on May 15 then he never will,” Watson explained angrily, adding that no amount of financial incentive will make him change his mind.

“They can offer me £50,000 and I wonâ€t do it. Itâ€s principle and he has cost me too much already.”

Despite all the negativity, Watson is still hoping to fight on the BAMMA card, but he just needs a good solid opponent. He doesnâ€t have anything to prove domestically and has been overdue an ascension to the international level for well over a year. Finding someone credible at short notice is proving to be a difficult task.

“A couple of weeks ago we had Jeremy Horn in the wings, but then Alex came back saying the fight was still on. Now Horn is engaged. I looked through a Top 100 list of middleweights and itâ€s shocking how many of them are tied up or are asking for astronomical amounts of money.”

One thing is for certain, Watson knows that this is a big blow to his supporters, corner men and training partners, and that is precisely why he is still planning on fighting on the show.

“So many people have bought tickets to the event, got hotels, train tickets, and stuff; my corner man has paid for his flights. I have flights booked to head back to Jacksonâ€s in New Mexico on Sunday to continue training for the bout. I even have a holiday booked for after the event. So much stuff is already set. So while he was off on holiday in Egypt last week, I sat here wondering who I am going to be fighting on the night.”

Clearly very angry and disappointed, Tom Watson will be a serious handful for whoever steps into the cage opposite him on May 15 at BAMMA 3.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/temp...&zoneid=13

What a fucking clown. Watson would have murdered him anyways. Having watched the first episode of his show, with Reid training with Keysi practitioners in Spain, he looked out of his depth, slow and afraid of his shite. Strange then that this injury has manifest itself now. Nobber.
Anyone watch Spooks? Think its on Watch,11.30pm or so
(21-04-2010, 01:46 PM)480905 Wrote: Anyone watch Spooks? Think its on Watch,11.30pm or so

Think I read somewhere that a new series is in the pipeline.
Hope so cos its as good as whats on at the mo. Prefer to watch it than any of that reality cop show shite that's on at present.
I watched series 1-3 of spooks over christmas (nights, in work, alone, hotel closed!!) been following series 4 and 5 on watch.....stops me hanging around street corners anyway :P
I was channel hopping last night and found an interesting documentry called "Ice Pilots" on the Quest channel (sky 167)
It tells the day to day running of Buffalo Air in northern Canada. The airline runs vintage aircraft on various freight / passanger routes across the frozen expance.
Great tag line at the beginning of the programme.

"These planes dont just look like the planes that flew in WW2, they are the planes that flew in WW2"

Looks like it has made my sky plus list, seat of the pants stuff with some great shots of some of the best aircraft from the war era.