This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Film Thread
There alot of new films out in next few months Video below looks really good think its out 14th of May Following week Hangover 2

pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
Went to see TT3D Closer to the Edge, really enjoyed it, don't think the 3d added much too it, but excellent footage of some real road racing on the Isle of Man.

By the way, what's with the price of movies in Dublin? cost me €32 for myself and she who must be obeyed and €12.95 for two cokes and a large popcorn, you'd nearly fly to the Island for the actual races for that price.
€19 for two adults down in the sticks, bringing the squirt to see Rio3d on thurs and its €8.20 for her, not sure she will last the whole film or even stay once the lights go down but will see how we go!!!
Brought my 4 yr old two weeks ago and we both fell asleep... Woke up with dribble and drool all over my shirt, ( from myself naturally ), probably snored as well because I got a dirty look from the woman in front of me on the way out...
(03-05-2011, 10:12 PM)Brigade Wrote: Went to see TT3D Closer to the Edge, really enjoyed it, don't think the 3d added much too it, but excellent footage of some real road racing on the Isle of Man.

By the way, what's with the price of movies in Dublin? cost me €32 for myself and she who must be obeyed and €12.95 for two cokes and a large popcorn, you'd nearly fly to the Island for the actual races for that price.

great film costly for 3d film for 2 people + the nice treats

25e for 2 people down by me + the nice treats
(03-05-2011, 10:30 PM)Onrefs Wrote: €19 for two adults down in the sticks, bringing the squirt to see Rio3d on thurs and its €8.20 for her, not sure she will last the whole film or even stay once the lights go down but will see how we go!!!

some cinemas have deals like 4 euro before 6.30 check the website of ur local cinema
Usually €18 for two around cork not including the sweeties, but recently moved to O2 and get 2 tickets for €4 once a month with that treat thing not bad and went to see cedar rapids there the other day wasted 2hrs nicely worth a watch if you've nothing to do for a few hours!
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
€9 each there on mon night at omniplex galway... seen fast & furious.... excellent i thought..... trailer for hangover 2 looks the biz to so i'l be going to that when its out.
I only normally go to the cinema if it's a special effects extravaganza like "2012" or something. Otherwise it's if I just really want to see it. The last one we went to see was "The Kings Speech"

It's about €8-9 here. Plus Coke and Popcorn! :-)
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
(04-05-2011, 04:11 PM)MRX Wrote: I only normally go to the cinema if it's a special effects extravaganza like "2012" or something. Otherwise it's if I just really want to see it. The last one we went to see was "The Kings Speech"

It's about €8-9 here. Plus Coke and Popcorn! :-)

Saw "The kings speech" the other night, kind of alright!
It's like one of our Union Meetings!! :-)
Great Film, saw it in the cinema, its out on friday so maybe purchase it on blu ray
I've just watched "You don't know Jack", we had a thread about this a while back, I think Brigade started it.....the story of Dr. Jack Kevorkian who believed and carried out euthanasia, (a subject that I believe in)........I Sky plussed it a while back but only watched it tonight, very good movie.......It was on Sky Atlantic by the way!
just rented "the hit list"... don't watch it or rent it not worth it at all. i will never get them 72 minutes back04
http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0516/theguard.html

very funny trailer too 8 july irish date for release

went to see it today, i was lauf so much19 group of us going to see it again friday nite19

Just sitting down to watch Steig Larrssons "The Girl who kicked the Hornets Nest" hopefully this one someway resembles the book!
Went to see "Hangover 2" last night, brilliant. Any who hasn't seen it and fancies a good laugh should go to it.........148148148
This looks good148
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
that looks good ha
apparently the new x-men has an Irish lad doing the young magnito
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Should be good!!