This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Good/Bad Uniforms
Anyone with pictures of great, unusual, bad or ugly uniforms in your respective service from home or abroad?

I'll start with the obvious. I have always loved the NYPD, LAPD, and MET Police uniforms. I think they are so iconic:

NYPD
[Image: NYPDEvening-1.jpg?t=1306246056]

LAPD
[Image: LAPD-1.jpg?t=1306245640]

MET Police
[Image: bobby-1.jpg?t=1306245662]

FDNY Paramedics also have a great uniform:
[Image: NYPara-1.jpg?t=1306245769]

NOT a good firefighter uniform:
[Image: Firefighter-uniforms-1926-007.jpg?t=1306245821]
I hope it's a woman but could be a man. Nice legs though.

I have more but can only post 5 pics per post.
Best is in Australia
[Image: police_arrest_nine.jpe]

Followed by Austria:
[Image: military_woman_austria_police_000005.jpg]

But we will never get such a laid back uniform so I think being realistic The Policia Local from Spain is probable the nicest we could convince management to take:
[Image: policias_locales2.jpg]
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
This is one of the ugliest police uniforms I have ever seen. It's from from Italy, Florence I think:
[Image: ItalyBagsFront.jpg?t=1306247301]

And yes, those are what can only be described as white leather utility satchels!?!?

[Image: ItalyBags.jpg?t=1306247393]

Although I do love the NYPD regular uniform,

[Image: NYPDSummer.jpg?t=1306257761]

...I have to say I hate the NYPD Highway Patrol uniform:
[Image: nypdhighwayunit.png?t=1306257837]
Crushed cap and oversized black SS style leather jacket and boots. YUCK!

I think our own uniform lacks badges, pins, patches and insignias. It's very bare compared to others.
As long as you dont want the MET Custodian hat! NAF!!

And yeah, the NYPD will always be a lovely goal, but likelyhood aint there!
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
lads maybe their is a better thread to ask this but what is the difference between the yellow hi vis epilets and the navy ones on the garda jackets
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
(24-05-2011, 07:44 PM)Scuba Wrote: As long as you dont want the MET Custodian hat! NAF!!

I know the custodian helmet is very impracticable but I understand why they will never get rid of it. It's just so unique and iconic.

Having looked about I think I've found a winner for best police uniform. Has to be Sweden's:

[Image: swedishpoliswalking.jpg?t=1306263010]
[Image: swedishpolice2.jpg?t=1306263051]
[Image: swedish3.jpg?t=1306263088]
[Image: swedish.jpg?t=1306263112]
[Image: sweedishmaleandfem.jpg?t=1306263133]

Just looks so practical, comfortable and smart.
(24-05-2011, 07:51 PM)amboman bobby Wrote: lads maybe their is a better thread to ask this but what is the difference between the yellow hi vis epilets and the navy ones on the garda jackets

Well Bobby, there should actually always be high-vis epaulettes on the high-vis jacket but between them getting lost, or buttons breaking sometimes members swap around the ones for the normal navy jacket.
Can we have swedens vehicle fleet too!?
I like the shirts CO19 wear, if the gardai had that colour with a covert stab-vest and more insignia (garda badge,tricolour) and no tie just open neck with a white t-shirt, it would look the business i think.

[Image: 3635484952_fc1bcb3395.jpg]

If you are a jailer their is only one uniform to aspire to............
(25-05-2011, 01:54 AM)Shakin Wrote: I like the shirts CO19 wear, if the gardai had that colour with a covert stab-vest and more insignia (garda badge,tricolour) and no tie just open neck with a white t-shirt, it would look the business i think.

[Image: 3635484952_fc1bcb3395.jpg]

Prefer overt vests - one that can carry equipment on it and has a hi vis cover! Also dont like the idea of covering the uniform in patches, think it looks tacky! Agree with the rest.
If we could just have something practical, easy to clean, that doesnt look shite after one wash and that actually fit!!! I miss the long patrol jacket, it kept yer backside dry and warm on a post! Defintely think combats are the way to go, much more practical for everyday use by mules! Also a change in hat i think is really required, they are not practical and again look shite after a few weeks of being flung in and out of cars and prisoners sitting on them.

(25-05-2011, 01:11 PM)Scuba Wrote:
(25-05-2011, 01:54 AM)Shakin Wrote: I like the shirts CO19 wear, if the gardai had that colour with a covert stab-vest and more insignia (garda badge,tricolour) and no tie just open neck with a white t-shirt, it would look the business i think.

Prefer overt vests - one that can carry equipment on it and has a hi vis cover! Also dont like the idea of covering the uniform in patches, think it looks tacky! Agree with the rest.

The overt vests look great. I think people can go overboard with them though:

[Image: Fullvest.jpg?t=1306331390]

(25-05-2011, 01:30 PM)Onrefs Wrote: Also a change in hat i think is really required, they are not practical and again look shite after a few weeks of being flung in and out of cars and prisoners sitting on them.

I don't think management will ever get rid of the hat but I do think they should change the design. If you ever try on an American style hat you won't believe how comfortable it is. Feels like you are wearing a baseball cap and stays on just as good.

[Image: hat.png?t=1306331454]
Had the misfortune of working point duty last week in the city for the Visit.

The wind was blowin a hualie, and only for the flakin strap, the cap would have ended up in the Liffey on several occassions.
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
A certain A/C has expressed the stance that they want to get rid of the trousers for operational members and replace with combat pants and to lose the shirt and tie
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
(25-05-2011, 05:48 PM)silop10 Wrote: A certain A/C has expressed the stance that they want to get rid of the trousers for operational members and replace with combat pants and to lose the shirt and tie

i therefore love that a/c
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
(25-05-2011, 05:48 PM)silop10 Wrote: A certain A/C has expressed the stance that they want to get rid of the trousers for operational members and replace with combat pants and to lose the shirt and tie

Whats the betting he has either retired or due to retire before he gets his wish!!!
Just give us one outfit for when we are on show and the rest practical!
ha i know i dont wear the uniform in question but i believe the uniform you have at the moment. Shouldn't be gotten rid of fully . But i agree that combats and a polo
t - shirt or something like that should be brought in as an out and about uniform defenitly .
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Jaysus Christ! By the time your man above figures out what pouch whatever he's looking for is found it'll be time to go home!! 148
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
They could immediately improve the comfort of every single Garda at no additional cost if they'd just let us take off the tie while wearing the vest.
i agree like its not like you can see the bloody things under the vests ( or can you :/ )