This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Good/Bad Uniforms
Ha! Sound, but one woman is hard enough to handle, don't need another!!!
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
You know what they say mate, two birds in the hand are worth one in the bush.....at least I think that's how it goes.....

But yes, black uniform = vast improvement.
Can I ask what's probably a stupid question, but is there not any imput from ordinary members in the choice if uniform? And if not why not??
Is there not an obligation to be consulted on the provision of suitable ppe??
(26-05-2011, 08:57 PM)Brigade Wrote: Can I ask what's probably a stupid question, but is there not any imput from ordinary members in the choice if uniform? And if not why not??
Is there not an obligation to be consulted on the provision of suitable ppe??

Are you joking!!!!!! They have Uniform committees with reps from a number of ranks, sections. They meet drink tea, discuss fairytales, let those lesser beings who attend think that just because they discussed combats, for example , that we would be getting them with our next issue. Everything is down to budget. Whatever comes in the cheapest is what we get. We have been asking for years for practical uniform and they never get it right! Our current uniform provider is up in the north so we cant even go up to them everything has to be delivered.
The terms of the uniform committee is that it is reviewed every 3 years and it up for review next year. So here is hoping they change it
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
As long as ye don't get an ill fitting trousers, a white shirt that's TOTALLY impractical, a hi vis light jacket that's like a three quarter length nightdress, and shoes you'd normally wear for your confirmation then you should be alright. Oh, and you get them about two years later.....
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
Unfortunate Hats

[Image: Putin.jpg?t=1306774057]

[Image: haty.jpg?t=1306774080]

[Image: leatherhat.jpg?t=1306774102]

Wore the wrong pants to work.
[Image: wrongpantstowork.jpg?t=1306774143]

Official issue umbrella.
[Image: umbrella.jpg?t=1306774174]

oh god to the last picture :0
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
We have a casual everyday logo'd jacket / Fleece combo, and ceremonial vneck, blue shirt and tie.

With regards to out PPE, I would change very little, but what I would change is under review.

( More pockets, pouches and reflective strips ).

Also, it's very, VERY bulky, which, when you're not a skinny small fella like myself or Ballast, it makes tight spaces very awkward. new Jackets and drysuits being trialled.
Worst most retarded badly fitting uniforms? Number one is a prime example of the sizes were issued but theres no excuse for number two, how is that more professional than the bike version?

[Image: gardai_83354t.jpg]
[Image: your_rights__how_to_deal_with_the_garda_2.jpg]
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
You're right, but Jaysus it's easy on the eye! 19
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
When I got issued my riot helmet in T'more they didnt have my size, it was huge and came down over my eyes! I tried to get it exchanged but was told that was the only size left and that "you'll grow into it, most banners do!!" Now I know Ive definetly gone to a wide screen version of myself but that helmet still doesnt fit, one of my dogs sits in it in the garage, very useful!!!
id work with police girls anyday
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Best uniform ever. No criminal would run away from those ladies.
(30-05-2011, 07:18 PM)Administrator Wrote: Worst most retarded badly fitting uniforms? Number one is a prime example of the sizes were issued but theres no excuse for number two, how is that more professional than the bike version?

[Image: gardai_83354t.jpg]
[Image: your_rights__how_to_deal_with_the_garda_2.jpg]

who supplies the uniform to the garda, is it Hunters?
God bless, EMS
No not Hunters it JBS in Monaghan. The job used them years ago and were shite so they got ride of them. They have factories out in the far east. When they got the contract and sent the first batch to Tmore the back of the jackets had "GARD" on them so sent back. New shirts are shite. They must get the fattest people in the job and just put smaller shirt sizes and waist bands on them.

The skipper's chevrons look rotten on the uniform and should be put back to where they were.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
French Riot Police have one of the most intimidating looking uniforms in my opinion:

[Image: FrenchRiot1.jpg]

[Image: FrenchRiot2.jpg]

[Image: FrenchRiot3.jpg]

...although they do have police on rollerblades:

[Image: FrenchRoolerblade1.jpg]

[Image: FrenchRoolerblade2.jpg]
Those vests look fairly bloody confusing!
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
(03-06-2011, 02:13 AM)Scuba Wrote: Those vests look fairly bloody confusing!

They look good though.

I really think we could do with a cape:

[Image: Italiancape1.jpg]

[Image: Italiancape2.jpg]

...mainly so I could do this:

[Image: BishopBrennan.jpg]
CRILLY!!!!!!

More crap hats:

[Image: CrapHat.jpg]

[Image: SpanishHat.jpg]
(03-06-2011, 03:03 AM)Kevin Wrote: [Image: SpanishHat.jpg]

Might be a crap hat, but that fella with the beard looks WELL hard!!
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!