This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Good/Bad Uniforms
[QUOTE='Kevin' pid='43315' dateline='1307066636']

They look good though.

I really think we could do with a cape:

[Image: Italiancape1.jpg]

[QUOTE]

WTF Swords!!!!!

In the words of sean connery

"He pulls a knife on you, you pull a sword on him, that's the Milan way see"

[Image: Italiancape1.jpg]

I'm surprised that mob gets any recruits with a uniform that resembles Bison from Streetfighter.....completely ridiculous. Its so bad in fact even the German Shepherd can't look at it!
theres usually some historical reason why the ancient uniforms are kept for certain occasions and when thats the case, those that wear them are usually proud to do so. I have often looked at a terrible uniform only for the cop in question to be very proud of it.

Ours remain because of clowns not history
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
The shirts issued from the new crowd are unbelievably bad fitting? We are just measured for collar size but the rest of the shirt doesn't match size-wise. You could fit two of me in the shirt from the collar down. Speaking of the collar there is no space for the tie forcing it to bend up either side of the tie.

If they want us to wear shirts they should pay for good quality ones otherwise they just look atrocious.
Have you not figured out that the people who procure uniform don't have to wear it and don't give a monkeys as to its suitability for the role? We're lucky in so far as black polo shirts happen to be cheap and durable, hence why we're moving to em.
(04-06-2011, 05:36 PM)Kevin Wrote: The shirts issued from the new crowd are unbelievably bad fitting? We are just measured for collar size but the rest of the shirt doesn't match size-wise. You could fit two of me in the shirt from the collar down. Speaking of the collar there is no space for the tie forcing it to bend up either side of the tie.

If they want us to wear shirts they should pay for good quality ones otherwise they just look atrocious.

I find the neck smaller in reality than the old ones despite being a bigger size on the label and your 100% on the button with the butterfly colla
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Some off-guard moments:
[Image: PubOrder.jpg]

[Image: Resting.jpg]

[Image: Onphone.jpg]

[Image: Eyebrows.jpg]

[Image: Bored.jpg]
[Image: cop%20sleeping%20in%20trunk.jpg]

He got the boot148148

I know I'll get my coat..........TAXI FOR ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
(05-06-2011, 04:34 PM)Ballast Wrote: [Image: cop%20sleeping%20in%20trunk.jpg]

He got the boot148148

I know I'll get my coat..........TAXI FOR ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

What way is he wearin the holster ?
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
(05-06-2011, 05:27 PM)alwaysone Wrote: What way is he wearin the holster ?

Crossdraw?
(05-06-2011, 04:30 PM)Ballast Wrote: [Image: cop%20sleeping%20in%20trunk.jpg]

He got the boot148148

I know I know..................TAXI!!!!!!!!!

I remember getting a good nights sleep @ Feile in Thurles one year in a similar position! 22
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
Polish Ladies Uniform = Excellent

Have to say that I'm happy with the Garda uniforms bar the general fitting/quality of the clothing. Have us properly measured and fitted and kit us out with a hi-vis that doesn't look like a bag on us. Or even maybe consider placing loops for wearing the belt outside of it?

Throw in some combats and possibly a badge on the shirt and we'd look well..!

Edit: Just after realising I've revived a two month old thread. Sorry about that mods!
(13-08-2011, 08:38 PM)ForegoneReality Wrote: Polish Ladies Uniform = Excellent

Have to say that I'm happy with the Garda uniforms bar the general fitting/quality of the clothing. Have us properly measured and fitted and kit us out with a hi-vis that doesn't look like a bag on us. Or even maybe consider placing loops for wearing the belt outside of it?

Throw in some combats and possibly a badge on the shirt and we'd look well..!

Edit: Just after realising I've revived a two month old thread. Sorry about that mods!

No problem if you have something new or interesting to say. (Not a mod by the way!)
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Not a problem FGR, as foreign says there is no such thing as a dead thread if someone has something new to add.

It could be worse. This is the Donegal fire kit.

[Image: donnalynch3.jpg]
What do you FF's think of the US style uniform?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5X01czjZJimGUp1I0wBe...nUhQQV52xA]
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Much the same as is used in many UK brigades. It's generally not any different to what we use here, it's just most of the kit here is dyed navy/black, while they leave theirs undyed.
We are withdrawing all our navy kit and have changed it to this colour, and will be issuing it in the next few weeks.
Donegal have also stopped using orange and have reverted to the more common navy, now that they don't worry about being mistaken for a NI prod firefighter and being shot...
I prefer the new style combi kits we are now using the older bunker style was restrictive in movements the new ones a much better. The pockets in the legs are much handier.
Hq are the only unit that get new kit in our county, they must have had every
kit ever made at this stage
You Don't Hate Me, You Hate That You're Not Me
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq6C0MaMDuzOOFzwg-zMa...WYntLrS5ML]
(06-09-2011, 10:19 PM)Blackbolt Wrote: I prefer the new style combi kits we are now using the older bunker style was restrictive in movements the new ones a much better. The pockets in the legs are much handier.

Nah, I hate the high trousers on them, reckon you get too warm. Just get bunker style with pockets on the trousers as well as the tunic, problem solved.
And of course, nearly forgot the fagbox pocket on the sleeve!!