This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Tottenham Riots
Excellent. The cops response is brilliant. Bet you a pound to a pinch of pigshit that what happened in Tottenham us much the same.
And what's this "shotspotter" thingy??
Could it be adapted to a " Fartfinder" to confirm the origin of noxious emissions??
there has been 4 more aressts for offences today
and arrests from last night as now raised to 51
so 55 people arrested so far god
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
breaking news on sky news

riots after eruption again in north london
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
whats their reason tonight :/
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Just fealth loike it innit 148
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
Some pics of it.

Pictures

happen over last hour or so
Looting disguised as riots????
Latest news in this is that the Independant Police Complaints Commission are now saying thatvthe bullet removed from the Police Officers radio, in the incident that started it all, is actually from a police weapon.....
I am sorry but from what I have seen and heard I have one thing to say, what a load of bs. A male was targeted as he had a gun. A gun not a harry porter wand but something that can kill. A police officer who is charged with enforcing law and order orders him to drop his weapon. Fire is exchange and a man dies.

We have all heard of FO training in the UK and that it is the highest level. Yet we have some "community patrons" shouting we want justice. Are they insane. I am so sick of this minority thing. I as a police view all as the same, as I am sure most educated people do. I could not care less if you were green with 6 legs and 3 eyes. If ya break the law then answer the consequences.

Just cause someone is black, gay, red, yellow or blue they think I deserve to be treated different. We folks no it is this simple the law applies the same and society expects the same from its citizens despite where or who they are.

I heard some dude tonight ob Sky news oh we are the victims cause he part of us. My left one, will I give ya a leg up on the band wagon.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
i've been fairly disgusted by the way its being reported on sky and bbc police at fault ARE YOU SHITTING ME. besides what sparked off the protest which seems to have been legally justified people are entitled to protest i have no problem with that as long as when justice is done through courts investigations etc. that protests finish as justice will be seen to have been done.

There is an issue here and its not the police's fault the issue is one that has been touched on a few times in various other posts most of which have nothing to do with this one showing that the issue is prevalent in society as a whole. The issue to my mind is PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Rioters chose to riot last night not protest, looters chose to loot criminals chose to commit crimes like criminal damage assaults on officers burglaries arson etc etc NO POLICE OFFICER told them to do it.

Police are a reactionary force that cant be argued against we can not arrest people for crimes they may or may not commit we can not lock people up because they may riot tonight that would involve locking whole estate and towns down to stop a few people no police officer wants that. you choose to commit a crime? deal with the response from the highly trained officers who CHOOSE TO RESPOND on the front line "as it happens" not analyzing it from behind a desk later on nit picking in the safety of an air conditioned office while someone picks out my clothes and does my makeup after ive been driven to and from work.

Personal responsibility has gone out the window for the majority it seems noone wants to look at them selves and say i could have done that better or i could have been wrong there i did that its my fault. too much nannying (my new word) has been going on from the state over the years and its lead to that mentality i feel.

as i type an excellent interview just finishes on sky news an Ex mule from London now a "crisis adviser" for a multi national company touched on some excellent points that community policing has failed in a way it has never worked, rioters and criminals wont go to a community police meeting are these meetings merely a platform for decent people to complain? he also makes a great point that it used to be called "The Metropolitan police force", charged with enforcing the law now its "The metropolitan police service" and well we can see how that works for law and order apparently.
This is a court of Law young man! Not, a court of Justice.

Disclaimer: The above is the authors personal opinion and does not represent the values, teachings, policy or opinion of my employer do not take it as anything other than the authors opinion.
like how is it the polices fault the building got burnt so badly , did they set them on fire no ,
how are the fire brigade ment to put out the fires when they are under attack from missiles or stones
how are the police ment to stop the looting when these rioters are so determind to loot the shops
like nick clegg was dead right when he said its just disguised theft by people with nothing better to do ,
like their is no reason for it , its just people trying to use the death of a man to excuse their arson and theft and down right assault on police
its just wrong
Great post Coach.
No one takes any responsibility for anything anymore. It's not just the skangers and gougers who plague every town in the country. It's the parents who let 7 year olds ramble the streets at night, the community do gooders who shout harrasment at every government agency except the dole office.
And look at ourselves, we all work in disfunctional organisations managed by people more interested in their own cosy worlds than the service they work for. We have all seen and experienced colleagues, who because they don't give a shite, give us all a bad name.
And when we elect politicians who we expect to solve problems that are our own responsibility, we express outrage when we find out they are only in it for the money.
Society is rotten , and when it is you end up with what happened in London.
The same would happen here too, except the lazy fucks wouldn't get off their arses to riot, they might miss Eastenders or something.
just in home now...turned on sky news other night of unrest...what can they do to stop this?
Live aerial pictures from Sky News and I'm shocked at the sheer scale of disorder. Camera pans out every so often and goes to a different area of the city and the number of people in skirmishes with police is shocking. Must be very disheartening to see so many people engaging in violent criminality.

I always feel the welfare state is a major factor in this. There is no incentive to go out and work when a decent 'wage' can be got screwing the system of hand-outs and benefits. The UK has vast council estates that we have nothing to compare with here......yet. And I think it's the way we are going. No one in the government has the balls to say: Cut the social and ridiculous benefits to give some incentive to go out and work and earn an honest wage.

Did you know that every gouger has a dog licence because they need it to claim an extra allowance for having one. I went to a council house where they only had one working bulb because they were waiting for the council to replace the blown ones. I read about a guy complaining about a council house he was in and it was uninhabitable. One of his complaints was that the oven was absolutely filthy. Get off your arse and clean it you lazy bastard!!!
Arrive to a council gaf for a chimney fire.

Ask the usual "when's the last time you got the chimney swept"

The normal answer is "oh i think it was done last year" even though there is carbon lumps the size of cavity blocks falling down as we're rodding it.19

Not in said council gaf.

"the bleedin council won't bother their bollox coming out to sweep it. We've been ringing them for years"

Que raise our eyes to heaven and get the fuck out of the kip as quick as possible.

I was on duty and made arrests in the middle of this last night. I've been involved in a lot of stuff over the years, including 7/7 but I've never seen anything like the streets where I was at 0400hours this morning where every other shop was being looted, police were being attacked and every person on the street not wearing a police stab vest was thieving. Very difficult circumstances and hairy at times. its already kicking off again in Lewisham and Hackney this evening.
(08-08-2011, 06:58 PM)Sierra Oscar Wrote: I was on duty and made arrests in the middle of this last night. I've been involved in a lot of stuff over the years, including 7/7 but I've never seen anything like the streets where I was at 0400hours this morning where every other shop was being looted, police were being attacked and every person on the street not wearing a police stab vest was thieving. Very difficult circumstances and hairy at times. its already kicking off again in Lewisham and Hackney this evening.

What size telly did ya get.........

I got the telly Saturday, last night I got new joggers and a carpet. The perfect crime.
(08-08-2011, 06:58 PM)Sierra Oscar Wrote: I was on duty and made arrests in the middle of this last night. I've been involved in a lot of stuff over the years, including 7/7 but I've never seen anything like the streets where I was at 0400hours this morning where every other shop was being looted, police were being attacked and every person on the street not wearing a police stab vest was thieving. Very difficult circumstances and hairy at times. its already kicking off again in Lewisham and Hackney this evening.

Will ya get me a new laptop?

seriously lad stay safe there and look out for your colleagues. and for god sake ring the PSNI and get the water cannon over will ya and if they're short a Cannoneer call me!
This is a court of Law young man! Not, a court of Justice.

Disclaimer: The above is the authors personal opinion and does not represent the values, teachings, policy or opinion of my employer do not take it as anything other than the authors opinion.