This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Tottenham Riots
SO those Police vans that look like ambos are they for PO teams? Do the blue ones mean something different?
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
(08-08-2011, 06:58 PM)Sierra Oscar Wrote: I was on duty and made arrests in the middle of this last night. I've been involved in a lot of stuff over the years, including 7/7 but I've never seen anything like the streets where I was at 0400hours this morning where every other shop was being looted, police were being attacked and every person on the street not wearing a police stab vest was thieving. Very difficult circumstances and hairy at times. its already kicking off again in Lewisham and Hackney this evening.

Crazy stay safe, you back out tonight?
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
I'm not out tonight thankfully. I've been doing this on rest days from my normal duties. May be out again later in the week if it keeps up.....I expect we're gonna see this being replicated up and down the country soon.....on the flip side at least the government will have to rethink the budget cuts. Idiots.
Yeah stay safe. I know here if a situation developed here and Gardai felt they would be over whelmed they would deploy the PDF to support Gardai. PDF are trained in public order and I wonder would Met Police consider the same?
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
Things are going to be very bad tonight really i think its going to long term thing unless something big changes. couple of different police force ask to assist as per sky news
Officers from EssexPol, KentPol, TVP and HertsPol have been on the ground and dealing since Saturday alongside their MetPol colleagues. If you look carefully at the news reports you can make out the different carrier markings and capbadges. We're moving towards a a national force and this is just another example of this. I think we'll see other tactics deployed before the military is even considered; water cannon, baton rounds, tear gas.
Hearing now that serials being put on standby in Birmingham and Manchester.

Note: already public domain info.
(08-08-2011, 08:11 PM)Sierra Oscar Wrote: Hearing now that serials being put on standby in Birmingham and Manchester.

Holy s**t, will be here before the weekend so
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
It seems to be developing very fast.

Safe tours to all Officers and indeed all ES personnel on duty.

I hope that "Anto & Decco" over here don't see the unrest in London as an excuse to start anything here
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
Birmingham picture on sky news are crazy
It's pretty crazy isn't it. Hope all the ES there are safe, but the liklehood us that Police will be injured dealing with those savages.
Mind yourself SO , and if you happen to come across a set of golf clubs ......
(08-08-2011, 07:08 PM)silop10 Wrote: SO those Police vans that look like ambos are they for PO teams? Do the blue ones mean something different?

Not sure if they're only for PO units, but the Navy ones appear to be City of London police, saw one on TV it had CITY POLICE on the back

Heres a pic of one of them

[Image: p1180007.jpg]
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
(08-08-2011, 08:11 PM)Sierra Oscar Wrote: Hearing now that serials being put on standby in Birmingham and Manchester.

What's a serial???
(08-08-2011, 08:38 PM)Brigade Wrote: What's a serial???

van (as above)
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
(08-08-2011, 08:38 PM)Brigade Wrote: What's a serial???
Van load of cops I think, akin to an Army multiple. Now I may be wrong, but thats what I was led to believe
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
(08-08-2011, 08:37 PM)Brigade Wrote: It's pretty crazy isn't it. Hope all the ES there are safe, but the liklehood us that Police will be injured dealing with those savages.
Mind yourself SO , and if you happen to come across a set of golf clubs ......

Wilco mate. Was at a horrific rta with LFB in the middle of the rioting last night and am pleased to report LFB have cutting off a car roof in a riot down to a fine art. Sterling work by both fire and ambo.....sad sight to see ambo wearing stab vests as routine.
(08-08-2011, 08:48 PM)Sierra Oscar Wrote: Wilco mate. Was at a horrific rta with LFB in the middle of the rioting last night and am pleased to report LFB have cutting off a car roof in a riot down to a fine art. Sterling work by both fire and ambo.....sad sight to see ambo wearing stab vests as routine.
I've a few friends in LAS, sad to hear them being ordered to wear vests, also being pulled off FRU's and put on trucks as its unsafe for them to single crew
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
(08-08-2011, 08:37 PM)theSmurse Wrote: Not sure if they're only for PO units, but the Navy ones appear to be City of London police, saw one on TV it had CITY POLICE on the back

Heres a pic of one of them

[Image: p1180007.jpg]

Just a different type of bus. Met and CityPol use em. I don't like em and prefer the old style Merc Sprinters.

A Serial is a unit of level 1, 2 or 3 public order officers. Level 1 being TSG, full time hard bastards. Level 2 being divisional officers, Level 3 being untrained aside from a basic input at Hendon whilst in training.
I know it's not right to say it, but shit, I'd lovvvve to get a crack at that big fire they're showing on Sky.
Sierra Oscar stay safe out there if you are back out there, which at this stage looks likely the way things are going tonight.
Seems to be spreading to Birmingham tonight. Reports of trouble in the city centre.
Best of luck to all dealing with the riots may it be police, ambulance and fire brigade how hopefully you all return safely to you loved ones.
Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14)
For by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory (Proverbs 24:6)

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media & incomptent managers, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of excrement by the clean end