This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Tottenham Riots
(08-08-2011, 09:45 PM)Brigade Wrote: I know it's not right to say it, but shit, I'd lovvvve to get a crack at that big fire they're showing on Sky.
Was just thinking the same thing mate.
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ebook.html

There very smart criminals posting pictures of themselves on facebook and twitter
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
Spreading to Birmingham now according to Sky
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
UPDATE 10:35pm:Firefighters are rescuing a looter who has become trapped underneath the steel shutter at PC World and it is believed that another trespasser is trapped inside.

About a dozen firefighters are trying to prize open the shutter and hold back crowds.

UPDATE: 10.45pm: The looters appear to have broken into JD Sports after nearly an hour of attrition against the store's exterior.

Paul Cahalan, Assistant Editor (at the scene): "In a strange development, there seems to be a fight breaking out between two different groups of youths.

"I don't know whether it's about territory, or if thieves have been stealing from each other, but the situation is changing every minute it seems.

"Other than people whizzing by with their loot, there are people standing around drinking and watching it as entertainment."
Could it spread to over here???

Wouldn't take much for some of the scrotes here to use it as an excuse
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
Good point AP, this could give the local scroat community bright ideas.
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
(08-08-2011, 11:24 PM)Blackbolt Wrote: Good point AP, this could give the local scroat community bright ideas.

Well the economy over here is in the shite as well as there, yes I know that the shooting was the catalyst but scumbags use any reason for grief. Considering the Love Ulster riots just wondering if there is an air of tension and unease.
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
Update: There has been a non fatal shooting of a man in Croyden according to Police
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
Just a got local report of car on fire in buttvent GAA pitch that added to ice cream van pursuit... has it started 04
(08-08-2011, 11:29 PM)pogan Wrote: in buttvent GAA pitch

A hotbed of racial tension.

They really hate the neighbouring parish

so stay safe mate and fair play you guys are doing a great job and lads lets hope it doesnt start over here :/
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
This post has been repped by: Metman (4),

Lads the Met are dealing with an unprecedent level of violence on the streets. The violence and looting are extreme and this must be met with extreme measures. The UK and Ireland enjoy a fairly liberal society but when society degenerates into this level of chaos then you need to take swift decisive action.

I could never see any Irish scrot protesting over something that is a UK problem plus they are too shagging lazy.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
(08-08-2011, 11:37 PM)Paulzx Wrote: A hotbed of racial tension.

They really hate the neighbouring parish

which parish you talking bout??
Why do I have a feeling that scene commanders are too afraid to give the necessary orders to bring this to a close? You can nearly see the frustration in the eyes of the officers who are told to fall back after chasing a crowd away from one area into the next.

It's a shame that in this day and age it's come down to Public Image as opposed to doing what these boys and girls do best - and that's to maintain the peace and to quell incidents of public disorder.

At least that's all imo. Hopefully the COBRA meeting tomorrow will allow for more freedom in terms of options.
(09-08-2011, 12:15 AM)ForegoneReality Wrote: Why do I have a feeling that scene commanders are too afraid to give the necessary orders to bring this to a close? You can nearly see the frustration in the eyes of the officers who are told to fall back after chasing a crowd away from one area into the next.

It's a shame that in this day and age it's come down to Public Image as opposed to doing what these boys and girls do best - and that's to maintain the peace and to quell incidents of public disorder.

At least that's all imo. Hopefully the COBRA meeting tomorrow will allow for more freedom in terms of options.

This has been exactly my feeling over the last few hours of watching the events on tv.

At this stage things are so critical surely the priority is getting the job done and forget about political correctness. Obviously, with all the previous prosecutions of police officers from public order incidents there is a fear of repurcussions. This is perfectly understandable.

However, the police are so stretched that at this stage serious measures seem to be called for.

We don't know everything that is going on but i havent seen any pictures of police officers actually striking with their batons yet. Law and order has completely broken down and its time for police management to forget about the do gooder agenda and instruct their offocers to take a hard line.

None of this is a criticism of the coppers. They are chasing their tails at this stage

I have a question, if a riot is going on would it not be better to put a ring around the riot and keep the scroats in one area so that only that area is wrecked and they would be easier to round up after the steam is gone out of them, instead of they wrecking one area then driving them into another area to wreck. I have no idea of public order tactics and am asking out of interest and a lack of knowledge.
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
Update: Has now spread to Liverpool according to Sky.
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
This exactly what I was saying desperate times call for desperate measures. Allow officers to deal with these scrots efficently and effectively. If that means beating them into submission than so be it.

BB normal PO tactics are to try and coral the rioters but that depends when the disturbance in one or adjacent locations. The problem at the minute is that there are so many disturbances in so many locations it is not logistically possible to link up with the amount of officers available.

To me the laughable thing is that there will be a commission of enquiry into the police handling of the situation yet those who engaged in the violence will go to court, free legal aid and maybe a susp sentence. But a police officer who made a wrong choice will be hauled across the coals.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

Cheers mate, i was just interested in what would be the normal tactics. I can see that this is not a normal riot situation.
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
Ah no bother BB there are different tactics for dealing with various situations, but London is just off the scale.