This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Presidential Election
(24-09-2011, 11:46 AM)foreign Wrote: And if McGuinness won I'd say serious issues with preforming duty for him.

Difficulties performing duties for the democratically elected president of Ireland? Do you have the option to decide whether or not you serve our president ?

Everybody has the right to put their name on the ballot. We, the people of Ireland then decide who we want as our president?

This is the essence of a democracy.
Ran into a couple of PDF mates last night, not a bit impressed with the possibility of McGuinness getting in
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
(24-09-2011, 10:30 PM)999nobody Wrote: Difficulties performing duties for the democratically elected president of Ireland? Do you have the option to decide whether or not you serve our president ?

Everybody has the right to put their name on the ballot. We, the people of Ireland then decide who we want as our president?

Just because the people might vote a person in doesn't mean I have to like it.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
(25-09-2011, 09:16 AM)foreign Wrote: Just because the people might vote a person in doesn't mean I have to like it.

I agree, many people just vote anyway even though the line up might not be favorable, because even if you do have that dreadful line up, there will be definitely that one person you would not like to be elected. And sometimes a handful of votes is all it takes to keep them out if it goes to the wire.
You Don't Hate Me, You Hate That You're Not Me
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq6C0MaMDuzOOFzwg-zMa...WYntLrS5ML]
(24-09-2011, 10:30 PM)999nobody Wrote: Difficulties performing duties for the democratically elected president of Ireland? Do you have the option to decide whether or not you serve our president ?

Indeed, and no better man than Martin McGuinness to speak about democracy, he did enough to try and overthrow it didn't he??
Great little skit in Da Sonday Wurld today on a "what if" conversation between McG & her Maj on her first visit to the Arus.

Will try to post the link.

Standby.

No Joy :-(

Bloody useless website, anyway its by Des Ekin ( ass. editor ), worth a quick glance for a chuckle.
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
Scandalous if he does, as someone posted on TwitBox he was part of an organisation that murdered 6 Gardai and an Irish Solider
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!

And although unimportant to everyone other than me and my family, contributed to my sisters death after the
brighton hotel bombing in 1984, although she was not killed directly by the blast, her injuries sustained were fairly severe.
she did recover from the injuries, but never was the same person again. She spent years upon years in therapy, both for PTSD, and other associated
conditions. She lost the dream of ever becoming a mother due to the inability to bear her own children. And stress continued after to contribute to many ailments
that left her life a misery. The entire process eventually lead to her death at tender young age of 53, so I hope you don't mind me saying Fuck you Martin McGuinness and all you ever stood for
you are guilty in my eyes by association.
Very sorry to hear that Sparky.

As a member of an Emergency Service I could never stomach giving my vote to someone who was directly or indirectly involved in the killing of innocents. We see enough death and how it effects loved ones, I can never understand how someone could indiscriminately inflict that pain on people, no matter what the cause.
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
Easy for the rest of us to pass comment allright.People have short memories and we still have some way to go before wounds can be fully healed.
Maybe if there was a truth commission like they had in South Africa, it could help. McGuinness and co haven't cleared up enough of their pasts yet for my liking.
I'm sorry for you're loss Sparky.

Ah guys honestly not looking for pity here, but your words of condolence are very much appreciated, I am one of thousands who were
either directly or indirectly affected by their atrociousness, and they claim to have done it in the name of, and on behalf of the Irish people.
well I for one want to tell the Ira and associates I will fight my own battles thank you. As Brigade so eloquently put it, they have way way too much
they have not cleared up, and to be honest they never will. That was the one aspect of the peace process I despised, it let way too many people off the hook.
But as was also pointed out we live in a democracy, and everyone has the right to chose who they vote for. I am merely expressing my opinion.
Hey Sparky dude, I just read your post now. You, more so than anyone have an absolute entitlement to say "Fuck You" Martin McGuinness.

Sorry for your loss buddy.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
Sparky you know how I feel about them. I despise them, I despise everything about them and their notions of how they "no longer are involved with the IRA." My left one. They won't answer questions about their past and it leaves a bitter taste in everyone's mouth.

Far too much has been granted to both sides and left a lot of unanswered questions. You have my sympathies Sparky as always
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
Pierce Doherty was on the Radio Na Gaeltacht today talking about Martin's time as a member of "Óglaigh na hEireann".
It's clear SF still aren't thinking of the organisation Martin would be CinC of if elected.

Unacceptable.
(25-09-2011, 09:27 PM)civdef Wrote: Pierce Doherty was on the Radio Na Gaeltacht today talking about Martin's time as a member of "Óglaigh na hEireann".
It's clear SF still aren't thinking of the organisation Martin would be CinC of if elected.

Unacceptable.

Never knew he was a member if the Defence Forces.....
So Dana is ahead and Norris is looking like getting dumped out..again
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
All kinds of everything....
looks like MC Guinness has the election won if the polls are anything to go by
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
(27-09-2011, 05:30 PM)amboman bobby Wrote: looks like MC Guinness has the election won if the polls are anything to go by

Ya can send ur thanks to Fine Gael for that, blocking Norris's nomination.
if dublin city council backs norris he will be the lead candidate
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!