This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cardiac arrests
(11-11-2011, 01:15 AM)irish medic Wrote: That it does. Was told 2 wks ago that paras in the south still are not using supra glottic airways only opa's !!!!

???? Paramedics in the south (west) have been using LMA's since they were introduced!!.
Alpha Bravo, proud to be a member of Emergency Services Forum since Jun 2010.
Alpha,

I was recanting what an Lemt-ap told me & their based in Cork.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
(28-11-2011, 03:50 PM)irish medic Wrote: Alpha,

I was recanting what an Lemt-ap told me & their based in Cork.

Ahem bullcoughshit! 59

Ah IM that was just some scobie yoy met outside CUH who told you he was an AP LAP... you probably weren't listening to him properly... too busy eating your macdonalds! 148148148
Patients don't suddenly die, it just seems that way when you stop paying attention!

Ah jaysus it was Dino's not McDonalds 19
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
(28-11-2011, 10:03 PM)irish medic Wrote: Ah jaysus it was Dino's not McDonalds 19

Ahem fatty cough

Ah seriously as Alpha Bravo already said, LMA's are used all the time down here and have been since they were introduced in the last round of upskilling.
Patients don't suddenly die, it just seems that way when you stop paying attention!

(28-11-2011, 07:04 AM)elisahicks Wrote: Well,I have been reading a lot about cardiac arrest until I have bumped on this thread.Cardiac diseases are common nowadays regardless of age.In hospitals,trained life saver must be always alert and precise in delivering cardiac shock during cardiac resuscitation.Just recently,I have read that Automated defibrillators could be costing lives in hospitals.I was a bit boggled about the article which says that Automated Electronic Defibrillators do not improve survival rates in hospitals.In short, automated electronic defibrillators are useful and effective in saving lives, but they are not necessarily the best option in hospital cardiac wards, where staff and nurses are trained in emergency cardiac care.Well, I guess manual chest compression is way better than AEDS.

Welcome to the site Elisa and an interesting first post. We normally ask that new members put up a quick post in the introduction section just so that we all know who we are talking to. Nothing that will reveal where you work or anything personal, just a basic idea.

BB

I stand corrected 19
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
irish medic Wrote:I stand corrected 19

The Happy Meals are on Irish Medic!

Can we do the breakfast instead 19
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum