This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Happy Turkeyday!
Just wanna say Happy Thanksgiving to any other misplaced ES Yanks celebrating on Thursday. It's probably just me but anyway... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

And for me "fellow" Irishman: NO... Thanksgiving is not the USA Christmas (I get that question a lot). It traditionally celebrates the first meal the pilgrims shared in the new land that eventually became the USA. Realistically the Pilgrims were probably diseased and starving so it's a family holiday where families get together and give thanks. It's kinda the official start to the holiday season.

*This moment in Yankee -Doodle history was brought to you by Amboolance. Results vary. This end up.
"I hid behind my work. Never had time is what I said. Never took time is what I did."
-Dr. K. Brackett
(24-11-2011, 01:43 AM)aMbOoLaNcE Wrote: Just wanna say Happy Thanksgiving to any other misplaced ES Yanks celebrating on Thursday. It's probably just me but anyway... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

And for me "fellow" Irishman: NO... Thanksgiving is not the USA Christmas (I get that question a lot). It traditionally celebrates the first meal the pilgrims shared in the new land that eventually became the USA. Realistically the Pilgrims were probably diseased and starving so it's a family holiday where families get together and give thanks. It's kinda the official start to the holiday season.

*This moment in Yankee -Doodle history was brought to you by Amboolance. Results vary. This end up.

Happy Thanksgiving aMBo 19
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
Happy Thanksgiving my little Cupcake!
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
happy thanksgiving roll on black friday19
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
Happy thanksgiving Amboo!!!
Happy Hanukkah to all the Yanks
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
Happy thanksgiving....pity about the turkey

Probably the worst meat going, theres a reason we only eat it once a year!
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
(24-11-2011, 11:54 AM)theSmurse Wrote: Happy thanksgiving....pity about the turkey

Probably the worst meat going, theres a reason we only eat it once a year!

I disagree. I don't eat ham/bacon/pork. Had a bad experience and was put off it for life. A nice bit of moist bird is always good 21

Happy thanks giving Amboo...
(24-11-2011, 12:52 PM)Deefer Wrote: I disagree. I don't eat ham/bacon/pork. Had a bad experience and was put off it for life. A nice bit of moist bird is always good 21

Happy thanks giving Amboo...
You weirdo! Ham/bacon/pork/gammon are some of the best meats going!!!
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
Happy Thanksgiving Ambo!
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
Happy thanksgiving Amboolance [Image: thanks6.gif]
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
happy thanksgiving
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Thanks all! Just to make you jealous I list the menu:

Homemade salsa to snack on.

Dinner:
-green bean casserole
-cornbread casserole (we yanks love the casseroles)
-carrots in brown sugar glazed sauce
-turkey (duh) brined and baked to perfection.
-and mashed taters to appease the Irish contingent.
-dessert: homemade creme brûlée.

We even maintained the tradition by going out and spending money on Black Friday... In Belfast. That'll teach the government to disallow competition! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
"I hid behind my work. Never had time is what I said. Never took time is what I did."
-Dr. K. Brackett