This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Civil Defence
You just know they're singing the Panzermarsch in their heads in the second pic!
Dublin CD Hagglunds Bv206 "swimming" through floodwater, Cloondara, Co. Longford, yesterday evening. The retro-fitted LED lights worked exceptionally well!

The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
DCD, Recognition by the Lord Mayor.

[attachment=3998]
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
Not to be a downer - but a scrolly cert for doing what should be a given?
(20-01-2016, 06:02 PM)civdef Wrote: Not to be a downer - but a scrolly cert for doing what should be a given?

Was (and is) a given, just that someone did not realise that CD were volunteers, and could undertake such an operation for more than 10 days....
What did CD do at the fire? Just curious.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
(22-01-2016, 08:37 PM)MRX Wrote: What did CD do at the fire? Just curious.

Provided lighting rigs. Initially they also rolled out tea, soup and sambos but it was knocked on the head due to potential hygiene problems of serving and eating food in what was essentially a dump on fire
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Didnt they also man the mobile morgue up in Tallaght?

Remember one of the lads in work whos CD saying he was getting texts asking for cover for it
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
H
(28-01-2016, 07:07 PM)EMTeabreak Wrote: Didnt they also man the mobile morgue up in Tallaght?

Remember one of the lads in work whos CD saying he was getting texts asking for cover for it

Correct, lasted 10 days...
Well just giving an honest opinion but I think all involved in the trajedy deserved a job well done. Not a nice incident to be involved in for anyone
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
(28-01-2016, 09:02 PM)LPP Wrote: H
(28-01-2016, 07:07 PM)EMTeabreak Wrote: Didnt they also man the mobile morgue up in Tallaght?

Correct, lasted 10 days...

They did. There are many senior officers in DFB who have grave reservations about that. Exposing volunteers to that level of trauma is not a good idea in my opinion.We shouldn't knowingly expose young volunteers to that and for that length of time. It was pure penny pinching. The morgue could well have been managed by rotating DFB crews.
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
@the gap what does manning the mobile morgue involved? I'm guessing making sure the power stays on? Ots not like they would be sitting in with the bodies.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Love your new helicopter @civdef 

[attachment=4055]
22 It was only a matter of time......
two of the CD HRD dogs, Nero and Max on search operation.

[Image: 004180677610babc78254fa72f193644.jpg][Image: 7af8f4d3b9d27ac162eba312238660fe.jpg]
Great looking dogs in fairness. CD operational gear looks comfortable and practical

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
(14-06-2016, 11:21 PM)62colmm Wrote: Great looking dogs in fairness. CD operational gear looks comfortable and practical

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Dogs are great, handlers are very experienced. OPs gear I must is excellent compared to years ago, favourably commented on by a lot of people...
That fleece should look familiar to most ags members! Once of the bosses getting notions....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
If its not issued CD uniform he shouldnt be wearing it.....
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
It's Dublin... always the same!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!